F/I guys, do I need two oil separators?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Is it necessary to have an oil separator on the drivers side as well as passenger side. Currently I have a JLT on the pass side, but have seen some of the GT500 guys with both sides. I don't want oil ruining my blower (duh).

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I have 2 catch cans on my car, one for each bank, and while the passenger side collects more, the driver's side is far from empty or dry. I think both are a good idea.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I have yet to see even a film of oil on the driver's side on the SVTP GT. The Pass. side collects a lot.

So youre saying probably not necessary? I am not sure I understand your reply. Does the SVTP GT have a drivers side catch? or do you routinely check for oil?

Since I have JLT on the pass side, I may get their new drivers side next month and see how it goes. My DUB is going away for the winter so... if i do it, i'll post back here in June

keoni1984

Established Member
I just connected both sides to one Moroso catch can.

finishedturbo1_zps0402e32d.jpg

Voltwings

Established Member
I just connected both sides to one Moroso catch can.

finishedturbo1_zps0402e32d.jpg

i see 3 lines here, it looks like you have the VC's T'd into the "top" fitting of the can, but whats the bottom going to for what im assuming is a vacuum source?

keoni1984

Established Member
i see 3 lines here, it looks like you have the VC's T'd into the "top" fitting of the can, but whats the bottom going to for what im assuming is a vacuum source?
That's what I meant to say.. But yes, I have both valve covers T'd together and the other side goes to a vacuum source. Here's a photo of how it's T'd into the vacuum source..

IMG_20131024_130323_772_zps88c7a859.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So youre saying probably not necessary? I am not sure I understand your reply. Does the SVTP GT have a drivers side catch? or do you routinely check for oil?

Since I have JLT on the pass side, I may get their new drivers side next month and see how it goes. My DUB is going away for the winter so... if i do it, i'll post back here in June

We have a JLT sep for the driver's side, but we don't have it installed on the car. I have that hose on and off the car a lot and never see a trace of oil in it. However, that is just our findings on a single car. Others do get oil on the Driver's side.

techwerkz

Established Member
I just went with a catch can that has 2 inlets and a breather. The inlets snorkel to the bottom of the tank, and mesh surrounds the upper portion where the pressure will relieve from the filter. I'll grab some pictures once I get the engine back in the car. I used some black nylon braided -10 AN hose and AN fittings on the can side. The valve over side I repurposed the stock PCV connectors.

dQuI8pFl.jpg

Om1rdRW.jpg

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I run a GT500 valve on the passenger saide with breathers on both, no oil as long as you clean the filters every time you change the oil. I have a friend that is running the same thing with a Paxton, zero problems for him as well.

TXSVT1

Established Member
I run a GT500 valve on the passenger saide with breathers on both, no oil as long as you clean the filters every time you change the oil. I have a friend that is running the same thing with a Paxton, zero problems for him as well.

Pics of engine bay??

ExTurbo

Established Member
so 2 breathers for an NA car work as well? this keeps the oil from entering the intake? ive heard stories of guys blowing oil back through the breathers on FI applications.

burke985

Established Member
I put a jlt on my passenger side and my installer got mad when he saw it. Said that the TVS likes a Lil lubrication and told me definitely don't put one on the drivers side that it's pointless to, not my words just passing along

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I put a jlt on my passenger side and my installer got mad when he saw it. Said that the TVS likes a Lil lubrication and told me definitely don't put one on the drivers side that it's pointless to, not my words just passing along

I was wondering what I should do now that I have a TVS. I have a Bob's passenger side that I ran when It was NA, guess I should work it in to this setup. Burke985 could I see pic's of how you have yours set up?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread