F-22 Raptor/Blues Angles Flying Over My House!!! Pics Inside!

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
There was an airshow today at Jones Beach, and the airport to which a majority of the aircraft were dispatched from is no less than half a mile from my house, so sure enough things were rattling on the table when these things flew by. Surprisingly, the F22 (I believe it was an F22, I could be wrong) was by far the LOUDEST thing when he got on it, but super quiet when he was just cruising. Very cool!

Sorry for the crappy pics, it was the best I could do.

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00039-1.jpg

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Damn right!

I haven't been to an Air Show in a long time. Their pretty fun.

Nice pictures.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Pretty cool huh? I saw that too, sitting in traffic on the Wantagh Pkwy at the fee booths. I wasn't going to the show on purpose, just didn't know there was an air show today and got caught in the traffic for it, but I was in my girls car with a big sunroof and WOW, when that Raptor flew overhead it sounded insane. I past by Jones Beach headed outta there, and did hear an announcer say it was a Raptor. It had to be the type that performs vertical take-offs, because it would climb, then hover for a while, drop, and then climb again.

Nice car by the way! :beer:

Steeda52

The New Guy
Established Member
Pretty cool huh? I saw that too, sitting in traffic on the Wantagh Pkwy at the fee booths. I wasn't going to the show on purpose, just didn't know there was an air show today and got caught in the traffic for it, but I was in my girls car with a big sunroof and WOW, when that Raptor flew overhead it sounded insane. I past by Jones Beach headed outta there, and did hear an announcer say it was a Raptor. It had to be the type that performs vertical take-offs, because it would climb, then hover for a while, drop, and then climb again.

Nice car by the way! :beer:

F22's cant hover :shrug:

Had to be an AV-8B Harrier, or an F35 prototype

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member

I'm pretty sure it was a Raptor. My neighbor just got back from the air show, and he said it was announced as a F-22 Raptor. I'm not sure, but I swear I saw the engines acutally move? When he was turning aggressively over the house, I could see them move a little.

Also, it looked much larger than the F-16's (I think) that the Blue Angles were flying.

Vashthestampede

Its not a TUMAH
Established Member
Well in some of the aerobatic displays have the f22 essentially hovering vertically on thrust as it accelerates upwards. ANd you will see the exhaust nozzles move up and down as the f22 has 2d thrust vectoring.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=VYCG5eCN-d8"]YouTube - F-22A At Langley Compilation[/ame]

Steeda52

The New Guy
Established Member
I'm pretty sure it was a Raptor. My neighbor just got back from the air show, and he said it was announced as a F-22 Raptor. I'm not sure, but I swear I saw the engines acutally move? When he was turning aggressively over the house, I could see them move a little.

Also, it looked much larger than the F-16's (I think) that the Blue Angles were flying.

The Blue Angels Fly F-18's. The F22 does have thrust vectoring, which allows it to turn at very sharp angles, but hover, they cannot

EDIT: except for the slow flying vertical flight as shown above, i was thinking more along the lines of horizontal hovering

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member

I thought there were three types of Raptors, and that one of these was actually the replacement for the Harrier. Definitely was not a Harrier, look at the pics. My father was in USMC his whole life and was in love with the Harriers, so I know what they look like. I'm almost sure there's a raptor that can jump jet.

Shackleford

Established Member
Cool

I live near an air force base, and a house I lived at in the country must have been under a "lane" or whatever, we always had HUGE jets flying over - don't know the name. Also when they had air shows we'd get cool stuff flying over like that. Coolest was seeing a stealth jet fly over, really low. Don't know the model. Kind of creepy too. What I remember about that was you didn't really hear it unless it was going away from you. And then it was like thunder.

Steeda52

The New Guy
Established Member
I thought there were three types of Raptors, and that one of these was actually the replacement for the Harrier. Definitely was not a Harrier, look at the pics. My father was in USMC his whole life and was in love with the Harriers, so I know what they look like. I'm almost sure there's a raptor that can jump jet.

F35

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GjrPvSBGXE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GjrPvSBGXE[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread