F-150 Lightning Review: Road Trips=Kryptonite.

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
Im sorry but none of this seems worth it to me. Also I do not get why at 80% the charging rate is slowed seems odd to me.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Im sorry but none of this seems worth it to me. Also I do not get why at 80% the charging rate is slowed seems odd to me.
Called to extend the life of the battery on why after 80% it slows down. So instead of replacing said unobtainium $20,000++++ battery at 5 years you can get 7 to maybe 9 years instead, oh boy what a bargain.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Called to extend the life of the battery on why after 80% it slows down. So instead of replacing said unobtainium $20,000++++ battery at 5 years you can get 7 to maybe 9 years instead, oh boy what a bargain.
Its a can kick at best, I still dont see these batteries making it to 5 years if driven/charged being used for daily commuting nor occasional towing. Especially not when you consider extreme high or low ambient temps during encountered during use and how that affects range. A battery can only take so many drain/charge cycles before degrading, the further down you draw a battery the harsher the charge cycle is on it.

02reaper

Established Member
Good thing you only spent 20 to 30k more than the ecoboost costs.

I mean you could probably only drive 200k miles with the money saved by using gas, but I am sure it’s great.
Can you imagine the savings if I compared everything to the first vehicle I ever owned? I mean, my first vehicle a 1989 Chevrolet s10 stickered for around 12k! It got better gas mileage than my ecoboost, but the range sucked. Atleast gasoline back then was around .80 a gallon.

02reaper

Established Member
Strap a trailer to it and head to the track. Hopefully it’s under 35 miles from you.
Never thought it was fun to build something I had to pull to the track. I always just drove what I was racing there. Probably the most its going to haul besides bodies and groceries, is a lawnmower on a trailer during the summer, or going to the home improvement store for more than the bed can handle, so no worries.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Never thought it was fun to build something I had to pull to the track. I always just drove what I was racing there. Probably the most its going to haul besides bodies and groceries, is a lawnmower on a trailer during the summer, or going to the home improvement store for more than the bed can handle, so no worries.

That lawn you’re mowing better not be far.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Crazy thing is all these idiots paying over MSRP for the first
ev F150. Without much real world R&D and unknown battery performance/durability.

I'm sure at one point in my life EV will replace most vehicles but I'll be damned if I paid 20k markup for version 1 of an EV truck.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Nothing new and take your phone for example. Run it near dead and when you put it on the charger, it'll charge up rather fast to 80ish% and then you'll see the rate it was charging decrease significantly before it hits 100%.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing new and take your phone for example. Run it near dead and when you put it on the charger, it'll charge up rather fast to 80ish% and then you'll see the rate it was charging decrease significantly before it hits 100%.
Yea my phone slows down charging at 98% for the last 10 minutes but it didnt cost me $20k over MSRP to only give me 100% what I paid for one time a day if I am lucky.

02reaper

Established Member
Yea my phone slows down charging at 98% for the last 10 minutes but it didnt cost me $20k over MSRP to only give me 100% what I paid for one time a day if I am lucky.
Not everyone pays over MSRP. Quite a few have and will, but there are many that will only pay MSRP.

02reaper

Established Member
Even at a discount below invoice my argument still stands, not worth it.
With sky high inflation, your argument could apply to everything bought right now. Prices are high, but quality is lacking. I see a majority of people trying to hold out for prices to lower, but we all know how that really goes. Once things go up, they really never go back down. Name anything that you think the price is worth what your paying now and then why?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
With sky high inflation, your argument could apply to everything bought right now. Prices are high, but quality is lacking. I see a majority of people trying to hold out for prices to lower, but we all know how that really goes. Once things go up, they really never go back down. Name anything that you think the price is worth what your paying now and then why?
While I agree with what you stated above my argument is much simpler than that.

I fill my tank with gas and its full every time I do it without much delay if any. An EV's programming, or charger, or whatever that decides when it wants to "allow" you to top off the battery (the one you own and paid for) and how quickly it does that to grant you its "maximum range" is in control not you.

Doesnt really sound practical nor convenient to me at all hence my answer, not worth it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
02F030FE-0D9C-4480-BDED-24E3DC8C53F2.jpeg

Moron sighting. Hope he makes it to the next charging station in time.

Users who are viewing this thread