Extrenal Vs. Internal fuel pumps

Ukfox89

Established Member
What do you guys run and whats the best choice? how many of you have internal vs. external. Im looking at the Fore 140hp kit with -8an feed and return, with dual strykur 340 pumps. planning on running apump gas 91 tune and also an e85 tune with an F1a. I saw areomotive has their intank replacement A1000 pump setup, has anyone run that yet? Thanks Ben

MalcolmV8

Established Member
You're going to find the majority of guys run internal pumps in the tank because that's the factory setup and it's easy to just buy replacement pumps and hat and drop it in place.

SlowSVT

Established Member
External pumps are noisy, run hot not being cooled by gasoline and are ah............... :idea:

"EXTERNAL" :uh oh:

I would stick with internal pumps

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I like my external pumps. Running dual Bosch 044's. Yes, it's some work, but I like it for it's ease of maintenance and troubleshooting. If I have a suspected pump issue, I'm not dropping my tank. I personally never understood the "noisy" complaint. Guys are pushing 4-5-600 plus HP, many with off-road exhausts, and are worried about a couple of fuel pumps moaning?

Just my opinion.

Jim

ctgreddy

Established Member
I like my external pumps. Running dual Bosch 044's. Yes, it's some work, but I like it for it's ease of maintenance and troubleshooting. If I have a suspected pump issue, I'm not dropping my tank. I personally never understood the "noisy" complaint. Guys are pushing 4-5-600 plus HP, many with off-road exhausts, and are worried about a couple of fuel pumps moaning?

Just my opinion.

Jim

You must not have been in a car with a big single pump yet. I'm sure yours are pretty quiet, my buddy had 2 external walbro's that he maxed out on e85 that were pretty quiet, so he bought a aeromotive eliminator, loudest pump on the planet. No way would I want to drive mroe than 5 minutes hearing that thing roaring away lol.

asierra1

Established Member
I love my A1000. It's not noisy at all except for when I key on before start up. The sound of the exhaust totally cancels any noise from the pump. The best part about this setup is that I have the pump and filters mounted so they're pretty visible from behind. People behind me know this car means business :banana:

GTpower01

Established Member
Magnafuel 750 Single external Pump here.... Love it and it is pretty quiet compared to a1000... check them out

svtshadow

Banned
Twin external pumps here ( 60,000miles). They are air cooled. Internal pumps run cooler because they emit their heat into the fuel, hence heating the fuel. All pumps run hotter than the fuel sorrounding them.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I have an aeromotive eliminator and it runs 100% dc all the time. Yea you can hear it but not when your driving. Adding some rubber washers between the pump and the bracket quieted it down 50%. If I ever have an issue i could swap the pump out in 5 minutes.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Ill be running dual walbro 465's 1 on full time, 1 activated by hobbs switch (4psi) i dont think my 1 pump will heat the fuel enough to cause any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread