Extra insurance or riders

twitchalot

Established Member
Just wanted to see if anyone has extra insurance on your car or if there
even is such a rider ect.With so much money going into our cars can you get such coverage above and beyond comp and collision?

Last edited:

BlackVenom99

Established Member
I added uninsured motorist recently. It doesn't help with the car, but it from what I understand doubles what they will payout in medical bills.
(I got my cobra after an unlicensed, uninsured, drunk driver totalled out my Jeep.)

I keep considering calling state farm and asking what else I can add, I already lowered it to a $250 deductible.

Jefe

Established Member
UnInsured Motorist carries limits like Liability, limits are per person/total per accident. So $50k/100k would pay out up to $50k if someone uninsured hit you and sent you to the hospital for life saving surgery or a concussion and no one else was injured. If 3 people were injured then the $100k is split evenly depending on whats needed.

UnderInsured Motorist does the same but carries the balance in excess of the at faults insurance policy limits.

A lot of people dont know that UM/UIM coverage follows you not your car. It covers you away from the vehicle like walking down the street or in a parking lot and you get hit.

Some states allow you to add UM/UIM Property Damage which would help fix your car

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting and helpful info there Jeff. Thanks for posting it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread