Extra Holes Next to Fogs

David Paul <><

Established Member
Does anyone know the purpose of the round holes in the fascia of 04/05 Terminators, next to the Fogs?

It seems as though there is a sleeve in back of these for a tube of some kind to fit over. Possibly for ram air to the brakes via ducting?

I read somewhere that someone added extra fogs in the holes. Can't remember where.

David <><

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
David the holes are for brake ducts. They make quite a difference in improving the braking and pad life if you "open track" the car at all.

Gord

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
buy a JLP cold air kit and the tubes run to those holes.

ModsAway

Established Member
Would someone please post some links or suggestions on Vendors we can get these brake ducting kits from?

Thanks.... pricing? Install easy?

maoun

Established Member
Check out www.bdracing.net . they sell a brake ducting kit. if you buy it, tell them marwane sent ya and if they're being nice they'll cut you a deal

that's the set on my car

David Paul <><

Established Member
Extra Holes

Thanks to all of you who replied with worth-while, positive answers. I appreciate your information very much.

Thanks for nothing to the rest of you who have nothing to do but be sarcastic.

You will always get out of life what you put into it. Everyone needs to give 100%. The scale will balance itself out eventually.

David <><

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Extra Holes

Originally posted by David Paul <><
Thanks to all of you who replied with worth-while, positive answers. I appreciate your information very much.

Thanks for nothing to the rest of you who have nothing to do but be sarcastic.

You will always get out of life what you put into it. Everyone needs to give 100%. The scale will balance itself out eventually.

David <><
What are you talking about? Who was sarcastic? The info you got was correct.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I just had an idea :idea:

Do you think it would be possible to use those holes to run some cold-air ducting into the engine bay somewhere?

This might be a good way to push out some of the heat that builds up in our tight engine bay.

Just a thought. :shrug:

coleman

Established Member
I may be removing my fog lamp(s) to run both brake ducts & pipe some fresh cold air into the air filter area to displace some of that hot air.

David Paul <><

Established Member
Re: Re: Extra Holes

Originally posted by 03DOHC
What are you talking about? Who was sarcastic? The info you got was correct.

And.............as I said, I appreciate all the Positive information I got. :) Very helpful.

David <><

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Originally posted by NyteByte

Do you think it would be possible to use those holes to run some cold-air ducting into the engine bay somewhere?

This might be a good way to push out some of the heat that builds up in our tight engine bay.

JLP cold air kit utilizes that....it is an awesome kit!

David Paul <><

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
I may be removing my fog lamp(s) to run both brake ducts & pipe some fresh cold air into the air filter area to displace some of that hot air.

On my 03 Mach, I ran 3 inch tubing from the lower grill to the snorkel tube. I ran the tubing inside the fender. I think that because of so many bends, the air was extremely restricted and don't think it really did any good. It was a fun project though, and I could tell everyone I had a Mach with dual air injection.

It would be more of a straight, effective approach to cool the front brakes.

There is someone on e-bay selling a brake cooling kit for the Cobra. He wants $25 but I think it could be done DIY for much less. Should be a very easy project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7920240293&category=42605&sspagename=WDVW

David <><

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by NyteByte

It is important to maintain as large of a air pressure difference as possible between the front of the Rad and the engine compartment...

Ducting air into the engine compartment, and not to a specific cooler increases the pressure behind the radiator...

This makes it harder for the air to get through the radiator and results in less air flow, and less heat removal...

There is no real benefit to cooling the "block" or engine bay.... since there is no provision for air cooling of the engine...

NOW VENTING THAT AREA IS A DIFFERENT STORY!!!!
That lowers the air pressure and allows MORE air to flow through the rad and coolers....

Brake ducts!
Finally Ford gave us a ready made place to hook up our brake cooling hoses!!:rockon:
Thanks FORD!!!:beer:

Jimmy:thumbsup:

Last edited:

pvteye

Established Member
Did the PostBan mod on mine.. using the passenger side to run duct up to the K & N FIPK....

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
They make it so you dont get black flagged right away for having a brake fire.

dsc_0001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread