Extra charge to clean up after tech?

flip_86

Established Member
A few weeks ago a tree fell on my wife's sho Taurus while she was driving. It got the hood, windshield, both front fenders, passenger rear door and fender. Took it to the local ford dealer for repair. Insurance covered the $7000 bill, repair turned out nice but the inside was filthy. I know it wasn't spotless when I dropped it off, but I know it didn't look like it was parked on a construction site all day with the windows open. Spoke to the shop manager, he told me insurance doesn't pay to detail your car, but if it's a big deal he'll vacuum it. I already spent 2 hrs cleaning it, I didn't realize it was extra to have the tech clean up after himself.

Zemedici

Established Member
A few weeks ago a tree fell on my wife's sho Taurus while she was driving. It got the hood, windshield, both front fenders, passenger rear door and fender. Took it to the local ford dealer for repair. Insurance covered the $7000 bill, repair turned out nice but the inside was filthy. I know it wasn't spotless when I dropped it off, but I know it didn't look like it was parked on a construction site all day with the windows open. Spoke to the shop manager, he told me insurance doesn't pay to detail your car, but if it's a big deal he'll vacuum it. I already spent 2 hrs cleaning it, I didn't realize it was extra to have the tech clean up after himself.

Shouldn't be....when I ran a body shop our painter washed every car after he was done....if he didn't do it one of his helpers did. All about presentation imo....

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Shouldn't be....when I ran a body shop our painter washed every car after he was done....if he didn't do it one of his helpers did. All about presentation imo....

This OP when our Fusion was in the body shop they washed and had it cleaned up before we took it home.

keystonemedical

Established Member

That is piss poor service especially from a dealer. Ive had work done by several body shops over the years and everyone detailed my vehicle after it was finished and believe me, there were one or two back alley guys I went to in order to save a buck off the deductible, and even those guys detailed it.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not in the body shop biz, but any shop I have dealt with cleaned the car when done. When we do something that involves a lot of work in the interior ie. heater core, seat motors, wiring repair, etc. we always clean the interior when done.

hemdog

Established Member
At the dealer I worked at, the body shop would clean (wash and quick vacuum) the cars that went through. It's just good customer service. It makes you think that the next time something happens, you automatically know where to go.

flip_86

Established Member
I spoke to a manager, he apologized and said I could bring it back and they would clean it. I told him I already spent 2 hrs cleaning it. He told me if I wanted to bring it back in a month or two they would detail it no charge. So I guess they're making some effort to make up for it. Still a disappointing experience.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
At my dealer, If work was done inside the car then they would clean it. If the work done was purely on the exterior, then they did not clean the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread