Extended warranty

tgasTT

Established Member
My 03's powertrain warranty is up at the end of May, is it worth it to re-new?(Extended Warranty) I have no mods so far as it was purchased a couple of months ago, I'm at 1600kms (994 miles). Has anyone even have to use there extended warranty? My Cobra is a week-end cruiser/garage queen, is $1800CAN for 3 years worth it? Thanks....any feedback is appreciated....

SpectorV

Established Member
I picked up an extended warranty through ford (the premium care one) back when I got my 03. I have never even once used it. it cost me about 1700 US for it~ its good to have just in case... but ive never even thought of using it. It runs out in jan of this next year~

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you have an '03 with only 994 miles on it, buying an extended warranty is a waste of money IMO. Your car is just breaking in. I would only get it if you're going to drive it more, and if you plan on keeping it pretty much stock. JMO.

tgasTT

Established Member
I'd imagine even if I do minor mods I'd have some difficulties making a warranty claim...thanks guys, and CobraBob your website was a big help to me when I was looking for my Cobra (5 in total). So I regard anything you say pertaining to Cobra's as gospel as well as the info and input from SVTP!.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd imagine even if I do minor mods I'd have some difficulties making a warranty claim...thanks guys, and CobraBob your website was a big help to me when I was looking for my Cobra (5 in total). So I regard anything you say pertaining to Cobra's as gospel as well as the info and input from SVTP!.

Thanks for the compliments but I only try to help as much as I can. Bear in mind that some dealers are much easier to work with than others. I've heard of people with twin-screw sets getting extended warranty service with no hassles. And I've heard of others with minor mods getting hassled. It really pays to find a dealer with a better than average reputation in this respect. Some people even go so far as to talk to their dealer about service before they use them. I did this with my dealer. I then knew exactly what would be covered and what wouldn't. Personally I think you'll be fine with minor mods.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I purchased a FORD ESP for mine back in December. Even though my car only has 1,800 miles you just never know. I purchased one for my 2000 F150 when it was new. Right after the 36 month or 36,000 miles went by (about 30,000 miles) my A/C compressor went out. So for $50.00 I got a new compressor and installed.

BLOWN4.6

Established Member
i think its worth it.i got the premium care that came free wit my car,i just transfered it to my name.ford esp just came threw wit a new longblock for my cobra.yeah:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread