extended warranty question

svt4cobra6

I have the premium warranty with 0 ded, just wondering if anyone knows if this covers a rental if the dealer keeps your car overnight, sure hope so as the warranty was expensive.

Iwannacobra04

New 'scared' SVT Poster
Established Member
According to the ESP (extended service plan)/ National Provisions Booklet, page 10 states that:
...we will reimburse you the actual charges up to $28/day...
Of course, I'd call the dealership that you'll take the car into and have them provide you with a loaner...well maybe it's just the perks the Lincoln dealership extended to my brother.

JulianB

Established Member
I have the premium warranty and when I took my car in about 3 weeks ago, they rented me a car. At first they had me put my name on a list to get a ride home on their shuttle, but I told them that I had the premium warranty and was suppose to be given a loaner. The agent said they didn't have loaners but would rent a car for me. Everything went smooth and was rather hassle free. My car was only going to be there for a few hours to get the AC fixed and the TSB for the sticking gas pedal. They drove me to the rental place and picked me up when I dropped of the car.

1fastredcobra

Established Member
with my extended warrenty, the dealer simply called enterprise and got me a car. Most of the time I had a small amount to pay because I would upgrade over the car they offered.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you pay for the fuel? My dealer just started charging for fuel with car loaners. In the past Infiniti gave me a car and I never paid a dime for the loan, not even for gas.

svt4cobra6

I have received a free rental from them before but always had to return it with the same amount of fuel or would be charged 4 per gallon!

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Most Ford dealers don't actually have laoners to give out. I have found that paying for gas is not an unreasonable trade off as in most cases the car uses less fuel than what I would have in the Cobra, and it is regular fuel on top of that. I even took one of the rentals on a road trip while my car was in the shop due to the "tick".

CobraBob was getting a different deal altogether. Initially, while the paperwork on my car was being sorted out, I was lent a Cobra for a day or two and did the same - used the gas and returned without replenishing it. Once the paper's were signed, I went from getting a loaner to a rental, and I had to cover for gas. But even now he has to pay for fuel too.

vr4

Established Member
on his deal ford pays for a rental from enterprise. otherwise its just like renting a car. you have to pay fuel, you can take out the additional insurance (yes please :D ) but you are responsible for it. ford will only pay $28/day. anything over that the owner or the dealership is responsible for. here we eat about $1/day on rentals from ESP.

we used to have dealership loaners but did away with them due to abuse of the policy.

svt4cobra6

took the car in and they are inspecting for creaking steering and TOB noise, plus doing the recall carpet shield. Guess it is standard practice but they said there would be a diagnostic fee if not covered under the warranty, otherwise warranty will pay for service plus 28 per day as mentioned above. Guess they have no loaners, also had two wait 2 hours for a car, probably should have reserved one.

Users who are viewing this thread