explain L's to me

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
could somebody give me a short explanation of the ups and downs of owning a lighting I'm looking to buy a 99 or 2000. how much boost do most of you run on your blowers...what are the differences between 99's and 04's..thanks

203Cree

Established Member
Check here bro. That will explain most of your questions. :)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226842

As for owning one. Personally, for me:

Ups:

The community
The smiles
The looks when somebody gets drug by a truck
etc...

Downs:

Hahaha, bout the only one I can think of is parking it for the winter, and filling the tank. That can suck sometimes.

Last edited:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
99-2000 have 20 hp less. smaller mass air meter, 01 + have a better intercooler. i ran mine at 16# with no problems. they only thing that kind of sucks is being at the pump more than you have too, because you just love to hear that blower screamin ha!ha!. j/k i love my truck & have no problems with it. supercharges kick ass.

203Cree

Established Member
That's only because I didn't want to make him feel bad Chris. Gotta go easy on the Stag guys lookin to cross over. They're not supposed to know how good we have it till they actually get one, lol.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
203Cree said:
That's only because I didn't want to make him feel bad Chris. Gotta go easy on the Stag guys lookin to cross over. They're not supposed to know how good we have it till they actually get one, lol.

Yeah usually we just end up showing them the tailgate:pepper:

Dusten

Established Member
Also, 03-04 have more threads on the heads for spark plugs, and less to no chance of plug blow out.

samiam513

Banned
ever been driving in your cobra on the way home from the track and thought to yourself "****, i forgot to pick up mulch today. the wife is gonig to kill me"

problem solved.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
samiam513 said:
ever been driving in your cobra on the way home from the track and thought to yourself "****, i forgot to pick up mulch today. the wife is gonig to kill me"

problem solved.

:lol: that almost made me shoot coffee out my nose!!!
awesome!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
the newbie faq that cree posted says it all.. do your research before you do any mods too. get one, you wont regret it.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
The look on ricers faces when they get smoked by a truck. That's my favorite. It says lightning on the side for a reason. Apparently ricers can't read. And they looks that you get as you pass someone. Everyone loves the looks of these trucks.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Remember the old BMW comercial[sp] where the car emerges from between 2 big rigs at just the right moment, saving itself from being crushed. You can do it with a Lightning and a car trailer loaded. She loves gas but you'll love her.

Notrace81

Banned
Well my .02 on the topic is that I have had my “L” for only a few weeks and I love it, the torque is incredible on this 5.4 V8 S/C monster.

Get one you will not regret it I have never driven a truck like this in my life. You will under stand when you hear that S/C screaming and the torque kicks you right back in your seat. The only down side is that it loves gas and drinks it like its all good, but what do you expect it a Super Charged V8.

This truck is special and you will understand when you own one.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
203Cree said:
Check here bro. That will explain most of your questions. :)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226842

As for owning one. Personally, for me:

Ups:

The community
The smiles
The looks when somebody gets drug by a truck
etc...

Downs:

Hahaha, bout the only one I can think of is parking it for the winter, and filling the tank. That can suck sometimes.

I agree with this post 95%....I don't have to worry about parking it during the winter here in FL:D So for me, there are NO Downs!

Users who are viewing this thread