Experts in here, Apten question

oldschoolBC

Established Member
I just had my car dyno'ed this weekend and i got 448 Hp and 470TQ and i had my blower ported and it is Idenical to a Apten and my car didnt pick up any?Air fuel was 12 to 11,perfect slope.

2.8 steeda pulley
steeda idler
magnaflow x pipe with high flo cats
magnaflow cat back ( but with 2 1/2 tips....not the 3 inch tips)
steeda cold air
& custom tune by RWTD
tr6 plugs
74 ' napa belt

i cant figure this out?.........i was at least hoping to get around 475ish?

ANY idea's?.......has anyone had this problem?

:shrug: :shrug:

oldschoolBC

Established Member
ported blower

yea i guess....live and learn

looks the same but i guess its not the same.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya I sure do...who ported yours anyway? Any pics of it??

By the way, there have been some issues with the boost bypass not being aligned properly. Might want to look into that as well. Also make sure all the vacuum lines are installed correctly

oldschoolBC

Established Member
how many miles do you have on yours?

whats your email and i'll send you the pic i have.

Juiced-03

Established Member
my email is [email protected]

here is the pic of the valve some people are having problems with:

Pict0150.jpg

oldschoolBC

Established Member
does the little black piece need to resting on the bottom....or whats the correct way it need to be?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by oldschoolBC
I just had my car dyno'ed this weekend and i got 448 Hp and 470TQ and i had my blower ported and it is Idenical to a Apten and my car didnt pick up any?Air fuel was 12 to 11,perfect slope.

2.8 steeda pulley
steeda idler
magnaflow x pipe with high flo cats
magnaflow cat back ( but with 2 1/2 tips....not the 3 inch tips)
steeda cold air
& custom tune by RWTD
tr6 plugs
74 ' napa belt

i cant figure this out?.........i was at least hoping to get around 475ish?

ANY idea's?.......has anyone had this problem?
:shrug: :shrug:
No mods in between? No change in your tune? Did the dyno operator give you the old files and not the new ones? You should be getting in the neighborhood of 485-490 now. It is very possible to get more or less power than the Apten mod depending on who is doing the work and how knowledgeable they are in what they're doing, but to get 0 gain is puzzling. Doesn't make sense. The power is identical as before? Again, I guess I'd ask if anything else changed in between. :??:

As an example, I was getting 495rwhp with my Amazon Racing Diablo chip (38rwhp gain with Apten porting) and decided to get q custom tune my car on a dyno to get a bit more power. Guess what? I lost 45rwhp! The tuner is looking into it but I haven't heard anything yet. Just a tuning change can make a BIG difference. There are other variables as well. That's why I was asking if anything else changed in the equation.

oldschoolBC

Established Member
ported blower

The only other thing i did was ad a vortex ice box but i dont see where this cold do any harm.This would only help if it was filled with ice.Im wondering about this bypass valve? maybe that can be it?:shrug: :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is weird that you've gotten no gain. I know that when I ported my blower my A/F leaned about one point and dropped my power by about 10 to the rear wheels. I'm still trying to get my A/F right on. Yours seems to be perfect. Could your A/F previously been lean and now that your A/F is where it should be you've lost a few ponies? Wouldn't explain that big a hit in your power, though.

Users who are viewing this thread