Experience with ordering brakes through TPS

paydirt

Established Member
I would just like to post my experience with TPS motorsports ordering silver zinc coated slotted rotors and centric pads.

I had originally placed the order Wednesday January 23rd, after placing the order I had called a couple times and spoke with Mike about not receiving a tracking number. I ended up not receiving a tracking number until February 5th. When the brakes got here I was shocked to see how they were packed in "if it fits, it ships" USPS boxes. The boxes were absolutely trashed, it was amazing that the rotors were not damaged. Once I finally got the brakes I opened them up only to see that I was sent black coated rotors (I had originally ordered silver coating) and there were no pads included in the shipment. After contacting Mike about the discrepancy I was told that the method of shipping was the only cost effective way to ship the rotors, he did not even address the fact that I was shipped the wrong rotors all together. On top of that, the only response I got on the pads being missing was "they should have been shipped with the rotors", needless to say I did not receive any pads in either of the two boxes.

I contacted Mike this past weekend and asked if he had found out anything on if the pads were shipped. He than said no, and he would ship out another set on Monday. Well Monday has come and gone, I sent another email yesterday with no response and am still wondering whether or not I will ever receive these pads.

I know that his rotor/pad combo is a popular item on this site and just wanted to share my customer experience thus far. The whole thing has been very disappointing.

203SBvert

Established Member
1 reason why I'm holding out for a set from Rotorpros once I need to replace mine....seems like they are similar products and similar prices (actually might be cheaper with Rotorpros), but Rotorpros has been around longer on here with a good reputation overall.

Hope your TPS order gets sorted out! :beer:

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I've ordered from TPS on a couple different occasions. I've ordered front rotors, rear rotors and F&R stainless hoses. The first order took longer than anticipated to process. When I spoke with Mike, it was due to centric rotors being back ordered, I found this to be a reasonable excuse. The second order was for the rear rotors and hoses. These shipped in a timely manner. TPS had initially sent me the wrong rear frame brackets for the hoses, I had not noticed this as I had yet to install the hoses. I received an email from Mike shortly after receiving the package notifying me that he sent the wrong brackets and that the correct ones were in route. I received them a couple days later.

My $.02, I would order again from TPS.

Huff035

Established Member
I've spent a decent amount with TPS... never had a problem with Mike. Great communication (he'd call me to update more than I could even answer the phone) and would and will order from them again. Give them some time and just remind him again... you arent the only order on his plate I'm sure, especially since its tax return season and a very busy time for parts shopping lol

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would just like to post my experience with TPS motorsports ordering silver zinc coated slotted rotors and centric pads.

I had originally placed the order Wednesday January 23rd, after placing the order I had called a couple times and spoke with Mike about not receiving a tracking number. I ended up not receiving a tracking number until February 5th. When the brakes got here I was shocked to see how they were packed in "if it fits, it ships" USPS boxes. The boxes were absolutely trashed, it was amazing that the rotors were not damaged. Once I finally got the brakes I opened them up only to see that I was sent black coated rotors (I had originally ordered silver coating) and there were no pads included in the shipment. After contacting Mike about the discrepancy I was told that the method of shipping was the only cost effective way to ship the rotors, he did not even address the fact that I was shipped the wrong rotors all together. On top of that, the only response I got on the pads being missing was "they should have been shipped with the rotors", needless to say I did not receive any pads in either of the two boxes.

I contacted Mike this past weekend and asked if he had found out anything on if the pads were shipped. He than said no, and he would ship out another set on Monday. Well Monday has come and gone, I sent another email yesterday with no response and am still wondering whether or not I will ever receive these pads.

I know that his rotor/pad combo is a popular item on this site and just wanted to share my customer experience thus far. The whole thing has been very disappointing.

I apologize for not replying back to you sooner as I missed the fact you were sent the wrong color zinc.... you ordered silver and my supplier shipped Black. The black zinc actually wears off were the pad meets. Are your rotors the wrong ones or the wrong color?

Unfortunately my manager had to take a couple of personal days off and so I was a pit inundated with work and walk in customers the past couple of days.

Your pads have been shipped out like I told you I would do when I emailed you over the weekend. You should have them by the weekend.

As far as the packaging goes we have been toying with the option of shipping the rotors UPS Ground or Fedex as the box won't get as beat up BUT it would raise the shipping costs $30 per set. Even as low as the price is for the rotors we are selling we STILL get people asking for a discount. We have sold and shipped over 1000 sets of rotors and very rarely do they ever get damaged from the way they are shipped of packaged.

Last edited:

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
1 reason why I'm holding out for a set from Rotorpros once I need to replace mine....seems like they are similar products and similar prices (actually might be cheaper with Rotorpros), but Rotorpros has been around longer on here with a good reputation overall.

Hope your TPS order gets sorted out! :beer:

I think you'll be very happy with our rotors if you decide to give them a try. We're not the cheapest on the market BUT you won't hear about durability or quality concerns regarding our rotors.

I've ordered from TPS on a couple different occasions. I've ordered front rotors, rear rotors and F&R stainless hoses. The first order took longer than anticipated to process. When I spoke with Mike, it was due to centric rotors being back ordered, I found this to be a reasonable excuse. The second order was for the rear rotors and hoses. These shipped in a timely manner. TPS had initially sent me the wrong rear frame brackets for the hoses, I had not noticed this as I had yet to install the hoses. I received an email from Mike shortly after receiving the package notifying me that he sent the wrong brackets and that the correct ones were in route. I received them a couple days later.

My $.02, I would order again from TPS.

Thanks... unfortunately we can't open and check every package to make sure the supplier has bundled them correctly but once we find out there is and issue we try and resolve it ASAP. Thanks,

I've spent a decent amount with TPS... never had a problem with Mike. Great communication (he'd call me to update more than I could even answer the phone) and would and will order from them again. Give them some time and just remind him again... you arent the only order on his plate I'm sure, especially since its tax return season and a very busy time for parts shopping lol

Thanks... we are very busy as I have a shop which does alot of installs and upgrades also. Right now in our shop we have 4 Corvettes and 6 Mustangs including a Terminator getting a Whipple 2.9 and a E85 conversion.

481692_10151402083146387_1867127667_n.jpg

740083_10151476806831387_1057866227_o.jpg

560575_10151333782806387_1540969667_n.jpg

TRBO VNM

Mike, I am surprised after my situation a year ago with the rotors that they are still packaged the same way. I think most of us here would rather pay a little more to make sure the parts arrive in perfect condition. I would strongly consider changing this.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Mike, I am surprised after my situation a year ago with the rotors that they are still packaged the same way. I think most of us here would rather pay a little more to make sure the parts arrive in perfect condition. I would strongly consider changing this.

Your situation, not your fault, gave me a shit load of head aches. Most of your issues was because of a stupid employee at the supplier who shipped you the wrong items.. even the replacements were wrong several times if I remember correctly. Since then we've probably sold 400 sets of rotors and not had 1 set damaged.

I think you would be VERY surprised how many emails a day I get with the statement.. "So what's the best deal you can give me on a set of rotors?"

NJredfire03

Established Member
I guarantee you if we raise the price by $30 the sales would drop quite a bit. People are complaining about $249 for 4 rotors already! And that is with free shipping!

you won't hear me complain when I order those rotors. I went and bought the cheap ebay rotors and theyre terrible. need to change em asap.

Users who are viewing this thread