Exhaust

Alscobra

Established Member
Hey guys. New to this forum. First post here. I got full bassani on my 03 anniversary. I can't stand the way it sounds. What mufflers are u guys running otherwise? Heard borla stingers, don't like them either. Any suggestions. Don't want chambers. Thanks.

GoatSlayer

Banned
Dont like bassani, dont like borlas and you dont like chamber!

Your options for exhaust are slim to non. I think you should try glasspacks:nonono::nonono:

cobra_mer

Established Member
Like jimmy said go to magnaflow site and listen to the 03/04 cobra with their setup. Its what I run and love it, not too loud, not to quiet, good musclecar rumble.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The Magnaflow rumble is nice, although went a bit different and picked up a Thorley exhaust which sounds the same. Looking forward to removing my M55 (if you think yours is loud, this sounds like a pack of Harley's going by!). If you want a great deal on an exhaust with a nice sound, he may have a few left:

Mustang COBRA 4.6L.99 03 exhaust by Doug Thorley - eBay (item 110560213214 end time Feb-10-11 10:45:09 PST)

The "quiet" Borla exhaust has a real nice sound too, just too bad Steeda doesn't carry it any more, their's was much cheaper!! That would be my next choice.

Forgot to add, here's the Steeda/Borla (about $200 less than the regular Borla without those hideously large tips):

http://www.cjponyparts.com/99-04-COBRA-STEEDA-CATBACK-3-1-2"-STAINLESS-TIPS-1999-2004/p/CBS4/

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have Magnaflows and love them. The are a little louder then stock. Nice rumble at idle, sound angry on cruise and howl at top end. They must flow very well. There is no "bulkhead" type baffle that the escaping gasses slam into and are "straight thru" design where you can look in at one end and see out the other. It's amazing they are not louder then they actually are but I would be scared to death not running cats with them.

Full stainless steel constructions mandrel bent tubing with amazing quality and fit. Can't go wrong here :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread