Exhaust?

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Hey guys will be buying a few things very soon for my 2010 GT. I just wanted to get some opinions before I do. I am getting the JLT CAI and sct x3 tuner for sure, I just cant decide on an exhuast. Originally I was going to go with magnaflow but was surprised when I heard it, didnt sound they way I had hoped. Instead it looks like im going with borla stingers, any thought on them? anybody heard it in person on the 2010s? Any suggestions for any others? Ive also looked at a couple from ford racing and flowmaster. Oh and i Almost forgot im putting an x pipe as well.

Last edited:

ryanast

Blown
Established Member
I have a Borla Stingers on my 06 GT and I love them. I have the H pipe cat-back setup and it sounds great. The drone took a little getting used to, but if you just speed up and get the RPMs out of the drone zone, it's no problem. I actually picked up 2 MPGs when I made the switch. However, I lose them cause I keep my foot in it to hear the roar of the exhaust!

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Thanks for the reply, well as it turns out, I actually am going with magnaflow. My buddy brought me his 06 today to have me detail it, he happened to have a Cai, catted x pipe, and the magnaflow catback, and his sounded amazing in person. I'm gonna do same set up except I'm going with an off-road x pipe And the 3 inch magna ,instead of the 2.5

Last edited:

schiccc

Established Member
i just bought a 2010 gt and put an offroad x pipe on with stock mufflers and it sounds like a beast.u should try the offroad x with stock mufflers before u waste money on the magnaflows,no real power gain from mufflers.

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Well finally ordered my stuff. Jlt CAI , Magnaflow 3' catback, sct x 3 tuner. Getting it put in next saturday, than tuesday having it tuned :p

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Slowly but surely I will add more to the car Ill keep you guys updated :) IN the future im going to get an off road xpipe,ford racing springs or full coilovers, I havent decided, Kenne Bell 2.8, upgraded heads and cams, gonna make the the bottom end bulletproof eventually. Ohh hhehe a looping cam :p My buddy upgraded his control arms and is beating mustangs/camaros that have more mods than him , catches traction real fast, so i might do that with my suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread