exhaust

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
Hey guys i was just wondering what you think about the bassani X pipe verse the bbk H pipe, which do you think is better and why?

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
Okay, we got that they are different shapes is there anyone else with maybe something more technical insight?

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
just got the bassani mid length headers and x pipe, and i have the flowmaster mufflers with the slp polished rear end wondering if anyone has this set up or close to it.

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
the bassani x pipe is not catted so, what i have on there now wich is bbk h pipe with no cats its definetly gonna sound alot different.

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2004-SVT-Cobra-Whipple_37169.htm]2004 SVT Cobra Whipple Charged with Kooks Long Tub - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame] wonder if it will sound close to this?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
X.

Slightly better sound; less poppy; and Bassani will fit a touch better.

Mostly it depends on what mufflers you plan on running.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
X is not better than H. H is not better than X. Both do the same thing. It's simply a sound preference. Many choose an X-pipe simply by someone elses recommendation. PLEASE listen to both and X-pipe and an H-pipe before making your decision. I had the Magnaflow catted X-pipe and was surprised at the different "exotic" tone of the X-pipe. I expected, and wanted, the traditional Mustang muscle sound...just louder. I lived with the X-pipe but a few months later got to hear a local Mach 1 with a catted H-pipe (MRT). THAT was the sound I really wanted. Had I kept my '03 Cobra I would have ultimately switched to a catted MRT H-pipe. So it's all about the sound you're after. Just don't pick an X-pipe before hearing an H-pipe setup. You might regret it like I did. JMO.

CBrowning84

Established Member
yes it will sound like that video. X pipe and flowmasters sound great

That's what I'm running. Off Road Bassani X-pipe and flows

[ame=http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/CBrowning84/?action=view&current=CobraExhaustVideo.flv]CobraExhaustVideo.flv video by CBrowning84 - Photobucket[/ame]

X is not better than H. H is not better than X. Both do the same thing. It's simply a sound preference. Many choose an X-pipe simply by someone elses recommendation. PLEASE listen to both and X-pipe and an H-pipe before making your decision. I had the Magnaflow catted X-pipe and was surprised at the different "exotic" tone of the X-pipe. I expected, and wanted, the traditional Mustang muscle sound...just louder. I lived with the X-pipe but a few months later got to hear a local Mach 1 with a catted H-pipe (MRT). THAT was the sound I really wanted. Had I kept my '03 Cobra I would have ultimately switched to a catted MRT H-pipe. So it's all about the sound you're after. Just don't pick an X-pipe before hearing an H-pipe setup. You might regret it like I did. JMO.

Great advice!

Also the MAC ProChamber sounds pretty dang good IMO. Kinda a mix between X and H.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I'm a fan of the H-pipe. I don't think either sound bad....just different. IMO the H-pipe sound is more of a muscle car sound, where the X pipe sounds more "racy" or exotic.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
All the technical advice has already been given, it is all about sound preference. I prefer the H's or pro chambers myself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsCgVifBCYI"]YouTube- 04 Mustang Mac catbacks[/ame]

Can't wait to go to LTs and MAC prochamber.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I have used bassani products since i've owned mustangs. Had a catted x-pipe on an 02 GT and a 03 Rousch. Going catted X on my GT-500 in a few weeks. I guess i am biased toward the bassani. It all depends on what your looking for. Can't beat the sound and the few if any increase in HP that the bassani gives you. Just remember, if your in a state that requires vehicle inspections, you may not pass. In Arkansas, we no longer have annual inspections so we no longer have to worry about having cats on our vehicles. Just my opinion.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I have had nothing but bassani products on all of my mustangs. Had a catted x-pipe on a 02 GT and an 03 Rousch. Loved the sound and the few extra HP if any it gave me. Going bassani catted X on my GT-500 in a couple of weeks. Can't beat the sound. It all depends on what your looking for. Just remember, if you live in a state that requires vehicle inspections you may or may not pass with an off-road x-pipe/H-pipe. In Arkansas, we no longer have vehicle inspections so we can run what we want to. Just my two cents.

voodooo

BLK MAGIC
Established Member
thx guys, that pretty much sums it up for me i think i am gonna get my headers on then put the bassani x pipe on and see if i like it, then if its not what im looking for then i will put my h pipe back on but will have to modify it to connect to the mid length headers. cant wait to see what its gonna sound like. Next will be my cams. Think i am sending the car out to Brenspeed to get the cams put in.

JasonSnake

Established Member

+1 I am agreeing with Bob all the way

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
i have had the h and the x pipe, h sounded like a muscle car the x did not so i was glad i switched

Users who are viewing this thread