Votes: 50 22.9%
  • MAC

Votes: 24 11.0%

• Total voters

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
96juicedGT said:
I have flows on mg 95GT and I am very pleased with them. I also have them on my 96GT with a 01GT drivetrain, along with long tubes and I just bought a Dr. Gas X pipe today and will be ditching the BBK O/R H. I am running the flows out for side exhaust on the 4.6 to go with my SVO side skirts. I will post up some before and after vids after the swap.

Also the borla stingers are awesome! I have heard alot of them on some 03/04 cobra's and they sound amazing. I would without a doubt buy those if I had a 4V :bowdown:

Stingers are great on a 2v too! :thumbsup: My buddy's ride has em. They're deeper then my spin techs and have a cleaner, more distinguished exhaust note. Although at WOT, my spintechs seem a bit "scarier" when we compared them, lol. They're not cheap though. With shipping, you'll be close to spending nearly 600 bucks for the catbacks! Where as my weld in's cost me a grand total of 220 when it was all said and done. :-D

96juicedGT

Established Member
i've not heard very many 2v with stingers. i would like to hear some good clips. if they sound pretty good i might change mine out for em....

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
96juicedGT said:
i've not heard very many 2v with stingers. i would like to hear some good clips. if they sound pretty good i might change mine out for em....

I'll see what i can do for ya and record some fly by's with his car.

mav_tu

Established Member
If you don't like raspy, see my sig. GREAT combo... Very quiet at idle, but at full throttle is very loud and deep. Best part, no obnoxious drone! Def. an attention getter... :burnout:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I am very partial to the Steeda side exhaust. It is made by Borla. Combine that with a catted X for a uniquie sound. It is typical Borla until it get wound up. It does not have the towel flapping sound. That maybe the difference in the Steeda setup? Not overly concerned though. It suits my taste. I do plan for an OR X when the new motor goes in, more for power reasons now though.

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
Danger Dude said:
Damn this list does not have one of the best flowing mufflers out there

DYNOMAX Ultraflows!!!!!

daaaammmmmn skippy. my exhaust sounds very good imo. dynomax ultraflow catback with bbk catted x....soon to be bassani x-pipe.
see my sig...

DYNOMAX ULTRAFLOWS :rockon:

PhotonSabreX

Motor City Slicker
Established Member
Some brands sound great on certain model years and not so great on others, from my experience. I have Flowmasters on my '06, and they sound the same except that they aren't quite as loud as Flowmasters on 98-04 models.

Magnaflows sound great on 98-04s, but I think they sound really raspy and bumpy on 05s and up, ESPECIALLY with an X pipe. Not really much experience with Borlas regarding 98-04s, but on 05s and up, I think they have the best sound hands down...miles above everything else. I would have had them instead of Flowmasters had I been able to shell out several hundred extra dollars.

sharkbite1979 said:
I've heard a few people say SLP 1 is the way to go. I've heard SLP on a Z06 before and really liked the sound compared to the other maker's systems. Is there much of a sound difference between SLP 1 and SLP 2 w/ the resonator mufflers? Any sound clips with SLP's stuff? Also... does an X-pipe add a bunch to the sound, or would it still sound wicked with just the cat-back? Thanks! I'm selling a lightning for a gt, so just starting my research.

From what I understand, X pipes (especially off road) give off a higher pitch note with some raspiness, where an H pipe is better for depth. I'm sure also that certain cat-backs/axel backs sound completely different according to the type of midpipe. There's mad amounts of combinations to be tried. Please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
Borla!!!!!!

i got the stingers on about a year ago on my 04 gt. very nice and deep, especially around 2500 to 3000 rpm's. but not loud enough. so i put on a MRT catted and it brought out the sound, holy sh*t!! it is the best investment to date. if you get a chance do this combo, do it. i love it!!!! lol i get people telling me they heard me 30 sec. before they saw me.:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Well in my own vote. This is what I did to my 00 gt mustang. I just cut the mufflers off and had straight pipes put in their place. I looked at the cost of all the brands. When they said it would be just 50.00 for just straight piping it . I was hell yeah. I must admit I was a little apprehensive. Butt when I started it up after they were done the job. I was like HELL YEAH. I mean I when I hear other mustangs I can tell what type of exhaust they have on their mustang. I just like giving it a sound of its own. Thats just my own thoughts.

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
SLP loudmouth I, i have them and i love them, make tons of noise WOT but normal driving not nearly as bad as you think, i also have a SLP O/R x pipe on mine so that improved the sound IMO

bradass31

Established Member
I have Magnaflow maganpacks on my 03 and I love the way it sounds, wouldn't change it if somebody paid me.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I guess I'm one of the few that like SLP. I had the LM1 catback on my GT and absolutely loved it. My full exhaust setup was FRPP shorty's, catted bassani x, and the LM1. I went from a flowmaster catback to that setup and man was it an upgrade. The exhaust was throaty as hell, and made my friends Mach 1 with magnapacks sound tame and weak in comparison. My flowmaster catback wasn't even in the same league as far as tone and overall badassness. W/O cats it might have been too much, but with the highflow mids it sounded amazing. Trust me, go with a catted midpipe and the SLP, it is awesome. The fit, finish, and install of the SLP was top notch. bolted right in and had no issues what so ever, quality was great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread