• Flowmaster

Votes: 50 22.9%
  • MAC

Votes: 24 11.0%

• Total voters

MineralGT

SoCal Stangs Member
Established Member
Which would be the best for sound and performance...I don't like the exhaust to sound very raspy though.

dirtybird

Established Member
I run flows, not sure about performance between each muffler, but i really like the way mine sounds, not raspy just kind of a rumble. I think bassani and the top three are pretty raspy. Only problem with flows and MACs are that they have that hollow sound to them.

MineralGT

SoCal Stangs Member
Established Member
dirtybird said:
I run flows, not sure about performance between each muffler, but i really like the way mine sounds, not raspy just kind of a rumble. I think bassani and the top three are pretty raspy. Only problem with flows and MACs are that they have that hollow sound to them.

Yeah...I have heard the Magnapacks in person and like them...plus I can get them for 359.99 new. I might order them next week if I get the cash.

Silverstangs

Lord Silver ™
Established Member
I have Magnapacks right now, and I love them, but...... I also heard the SLP's on my car... and they are about 17db louder...... so guess what I'm getting:)

and I have a 03 GT BTW

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
magana flow with the mag-packs or whatever they're called are definatley the way to go for our four sixes.

87stang

Established Member
My buddy has a Ported 04 cobra and runs borla stingers, and it sounds mean as hell. They are very raspy though, I love em but you said you didnt want that raspyness. RI was running flowmaster 2 chambers and theyre very loud but not raspy, I LOVE them

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Personally I think Magnapacks sound like ass, and Stingers simply own them. I've never liked the sound of SLP, but if that's your thing...cool. Has anyone heard Pypes exhaust? I stumbled across their website and it looked pretty low quality so I left. Yesterday I hit up RPMOutlet.com and find they're now carrying them, with an exhaust clip on their site as well. They sound pretty good http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8maccat.htm and I'm guessing they're chambered. If I were running cats I think I'd use theirs. Price is cheap too.

By the way...anyone running these?

Last edited:

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
I went with the Magnaflow, I remember reading about an independent test of 5 major aftermarket catbacks and magnaflow came out on top in both torque and hp (this was at the corral.)

I went with a MAC prochamber for the same reason, even though it was a small amount a member did pick up 4rwhp going from an O/R Bassani X-pipe to a MAC Prochamber.

I also have ceramic long tubes. The car is definatly not as loud as I would preffer but I commited myself to making it all about business.

NetChemica

My car's missing 2 cams.
Established Member
Bassani sounds amazing on the stock mid pipe. Now I put on an offroad prochamber and it's quite raspy. It's only like that when I bog the engine down though (high gear, low speed, deep throttle). Although it's quite raspy sometimes, the backfire that happens when I decelerate more than makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread