exhaust tips sticking out pass the bumper

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
:pepper::burn::xpl: I have a 2014 and I've seen 2013 and 2014 mustang with other brands of exhaust axial back and some of the them the exhaust tip sticks out about 2 inches pass the bumper. I want the exhaust tips to be even/flush with the bumper, about like the stock ones do. So my question is does the roush, magnaflow, or borla exhaust tips stick out pass the bumper?:rockon:

Nuar

Established Member
Its because of the bumper redesign from 2012-2013 model years.
They were all developed on 2011-12 cars so on the 2013-14 cars they stick out more.
Some manufacturers made 2013-14 specific exhauats. Some axle backs have adjustable clamp on tips as well so you can fine tune them.

Rct851

Established Member
I just took the tips off until I can get to a muffler shop this weekend and get it really fixed. I'd rather roll like that for a few days then have those tips looking all googly eyes

Edit never mind lol... That made it drone in the cabin like I've never heard before . Tips back on

Last edited:

twistedneck

Established Member
I have the same thing w my ford racing borlas. two erect penises chrome plated. need to saw some pipes or figure out something, maybe its the lethal pipes? seems like its the hangers though.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I have the same thing w my ford racing borlas. two erect penises chrome plated. need to saw some pipes or figure out something, maybe its the lethal pipes? seems like its the hangers though.
Cut the tips off and reweld them. Don't mess with the OAPs or anything

Badlilstang

Established Member
With Roush you just cut the back of the "tip" so it can slide back further.. really not that hard. You can have a muffler shop cut them if you want a really clean cut. Not sure about other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread