Exhaust Tips Pics Request: 99/01 Cobra or GT Bumpers w/ Dif Tips

HamMach1

Established Member
Also, I like rolled tips much better because of the way they look from the rear. I'm looking to ditch my Magnaflow tips for some rolled tips like I had on my MAC catback.

Non-rolled 3.5" Magnaflow tips:
DSC00794.jpg

Wish I had a good picture of my MAC tips, but the shop installed them and welded them all out of wack so they looked like shit.

Taylor02GT

Formerly ShadowGreyStang
Established Member
Also, I like rolled tips much better because of the way they look from the rear. I'm looking to ditch my Magnaflow tips for some rolled tips like I had on my MAC catback.

DSC00794.jpg

Wish I had a good picture of my MAC tips, but the shop installed them and welded them all out of wack so they looked like shit.

See now, that what I want. I like rolled...but that looks pretty mean.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
a vote for SLP tips here as that is what I am currently rocking. On my sixer I had angle cut and rolled tips and I liked those as well. I just don't care for not rolled tips as they just seem to be lacking something in my eyes.

TClark22

Established Member
Borla 4" Tips...look great but crappy quality...this is the 2nd pair I have and the chrome has peeled off in the rolled edge.

DSC02048edit.gif

one thing i miss from my stingers...i loved the tips!

i had them for about a year and had no problems shape...but then again i am a little anal about keeping the shit off of them...if i let the rolled part get too dirty from the exhaust gases then it would take forever to get them back to shinin!

i think the 4" tip was perfect for the GT rear. i currently have i think 3-3.5 tips that came with my bassani catback and i think they are a touch too small. i may pickup some nice 4" slant rolled this summer

carguy1985

I Do Car Photography
Established Member
i wish i could upgrade my MAC 3" tips to the 3.5s, i should have spent the little extra $ on the 3" catback vs the 2.5" and it would have had the 3.5 tips. I wish i could get a cheap and easy set that fits my MAC system

If anyone knows of a replacement tip for this catback let me know (MAC 2.5" catback with 3" tips ) Looks like this

DSC_0003.gif

DSC_0004.gif

DSC_0005.gif

DSC_0008.gif

p.s. man those sumitomos sucked lol my nitto drs lasted longer!

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I agree about them being flush. I had my Magnaflow tips sticking way out before than realized how bad it looks, so I adjusted them to look nice and flush and looks beautiful now.

:beer:

DSC00794.jpg

Slant or Rolled looks good...I think of it like this...
Foxes-98 = Slants non-rolled.
99-present = slanted rolled.

i wish i could upgrade my MAC 3" tips to the 3.5s, i should have spent the little extra $ on the 3" catback vs the 2.5" and it would have had the 3.5 tips. I wish i could get a cheap and easy set that fits my MAC system

If anyone knows of a replacement tip for this catback let me know (MAC 2.5" catback with 3" tips ) Looks like this

DSC_0003.gif

man don't change a thing!!! Looks perfect!

ShapeShifter

Established Member
one thing i miss from my stingers...i loved the tips!

i had them for about a year and had no problems shape...but then again i am a little anal about keeping the shit off of them...if i let the rolled part get too dirty from the exhaust gases then it would take forever to get them back to shinin!

i think the 4" tip was perfect for the GT rear. i currently have i think 3-3.5 tips that came with my bassani catback and i think they are a touch too small. i may pickup some nice 4" slant rolled this summer

Tanner, the weird part is that I hardly let the tips get dirty...I wipe them down every two days....Believe it or not, like after the first day I had them installed the chrome peeled off, I was like "NO WAY"...Guess it's my luck.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
4" are WAY TO BIG for the GT rear bumper. 3" would my max but Weems setup looks really nice and clean. I vote for slant cut but slant cut rolled is very nice also. What you want to watch out for is, you don't want the tips sticking out past the bumper. You want them flush like weems profile shot.

:beer:

Thank you brother :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread