Exhaust system help .

apex000

Established Member
i'm looking for a full exhaust system that has a deep refined sound . i'm not into having the loudest exhaust system out there . being an ex M3 owner i like loud , yet smooth sounding exhaust notes ( if that makes any sense ) .

anyway , if you would post a good video of what you are running on your coyote or roadrunner . i need some ideas , i'm currently running a Flowmaster outlaw axle-back .

thanks !

-T'erre .

mjohns930

Established Member
You have probably heard it, but in my opinion the best sounding set up is long tubes, off road x pipe, resonator deletes and GT500s.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
do an off road h, bullets in place of resonators and gt500's. prob. the deepest smoothest sound. tuned headers will help to.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Youtube does not do any exhaust justice.. try to hear it in person. I ended up with Roush because I like their sound but if you want smooth GT500 is probably a good one and remove the resonators. I would check out Magnaflow and Borla as well. I honestly wish I had gone GT500 just because I wake up everyone when I leave in the morning.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Every one says remove the resonators. .. I disagree. . You are coming from an M3.. ok.. that sound is a "X" pipe sound.. "H" pipe is more old school blub blub blub sound.. so which do you want? Next choice cats or no cats.. I say no cats.. I loved mine once off but this adds to the muscle car sound and smell. Next resonators. . If you leave them in they quite down the sound a little mellowing out the ring that cat less exhaust have, they also provide a drone free experience at 45, and 65 mph.. now axle back... European sound corsa.. subdued American gt500. Way too loud and raspy roush..

99mstng

Established Member
GT500 sounds like shit imo - I know most are crazy about it but I don't know why - I've had a "million" combos my favorite is H pipe, lethal over axle (res delete) and jpc axle backs (no longer made but similar to kooks I think) second favorite was x pipe and stainless works cat back. Roush with no other modifications was great but any other change though really changes its tone.

grnenvy

Established Member
Kooks shorty headers and H pipe with GT500 mufflers. If u need it a little quieter go with high flow catted H pipe if u don't want cats run bullet mid mufflers.
IMOP this is the best sounding exhaust that sounds refined and classy.

Jbstang87

Established Member
I disagree with everything said above. Lethal H with bullets and borla S type axlebacks sound like muscle when you're putting around and sound like pure racecar when on the track! I mean I love a good old 2v sound but as time progresses I like the new coyote exhaust better and better

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I have personally tried a few different ones and currently now running the Bassani full exhaust and all I will say is holy crap. Best damn sound ever! A deep tone thats not over bearing with NO RASP to it. Worth every penny

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
do an off road h, bullets in place of resonators and gt500's. prob. the deepest smoothest sound. tuned headers will help to.
^ +100000000000

This is my setup on my car. Videos below.

[youtube_browser]8feMcxnBf6o[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]8riq_ECH-OY[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]uO91SeXouHE[/youtube_browser]

Deetz23

Established Member
I did after cat BBK X-pipe and Roush axle back on my 13' and I love the sound. Really just comes down to what you want it to sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread