Exhaust Opinions. . .

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
So I recently installed the lethal performance o/r x-pipe on my 2007 Shelby.
Overall I like the sound, I just thought it was going to be louder...

I am now about to buy the SLP Loudmouth axle back.
I've searched around the web and couldn't find barely any reviews/videos of that particular combination.
I just want some honest opinions on how, and how loud this thing's gonna sound with that setup.

Now I'm not new to extremely loud vehicles, IMO my truck is one of the loudest street driven vehicles I've heard.
I'm kinda wondering how the GT500 with the SLP and o/r x-pipe will compare to the truck...:??:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
So I recently installed the lethal performance o/r x-pipe on my 2007 Shelby.
Overall I like the sound, I just thought it was going to be louder...

I am now about to buy the SLP Loudmouth axle back.
I've searched around the web and couldn't find barely any reviews/videos of that particular combination.
I just want some honest opinions on how, and how loud this thing's gonna sound with that setup.

Now I'm not new to extremely loud vehicles, IMO my truck is one of the loudest street driven vehicles I've heard.
I'm kinda wondering how the GT500 with the SLP and o/r x-pipe will compare to the truck...:??:

its going to be loud with lots of raspines ... what mufflers you running

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
its going to be loud with lots of raspines ... what mufflers you running

As of right now I'm running the stock mufflers, so it's fairly quiet.
I know what you mean by raspines (my truck is a raspy mfer),
but will it sound like complete garbage while cruising/low rpms if I had the SLP?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Don't do it....will be NASCAR loud. I ran Hi-flow cats with a muffler delete, way too loud. The O/R will be even louder. You are going to have to find a muffler if you are staying with the O/R pipes. Or you could put the stock cats back on and use the muffler deletes. That is actually a nice sound.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
As of right now I'm running the stock mufflers, so it's fairly quiet.
I know what you mean by raspines (my truck is a raspy mfer),
but will it sound like complete garbage while cruising/low rpms if I had the SLP?

yes, it will sound like ase.... best to search muffs not deletes running that o/r x

bull3441

Established Member
you need a chambered muffler. Borla Touring or Corsa Touring will not drone

DaFreak

Established Member
Yep, don't do it. I tried pype bombs with the StainlessWorks O/R X and it was horrible in every way. Crappy, loud sound and drone city. Then I added the Borla Touring mufflers and couldn't be happier. Van was the one to recommend and hook me up the Borla's (SW O/R X too) so I would recommend you contact him and ask what he likes for the Lethal pipe.

Here's an audio clip of my setup:

th_Borlas.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Yea I run jba. Still loud, not NASCAR loud. And still has a great tone and sound to it.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yep, don't do it. I tried pype bombs with the StainlessWorks O/R X and it was horrible in every way. Crappy, loud sound and drone city. Then I added the Borla Touring mufflers and couldn't be happier. Van was the one to recommend and hook me up the Borla's (SW O/R X too) so I would recommend you contact him and ask what he likes for the Lethal pipe.

Here's an audio clip of my setup:

th_Borlas.jpg

Sounds good!

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
OP, no no no NO NO NOOOOO!!! Don't waste ur money. I had the loudmouths and added the o/r x. Yes it's loud as hell but why I changed mufflers after a 5 min drive was there is no tone or dB difference between partial throttle and WOT. So if you want to drive around sounding like ur always shoving ur foot through the firewall then go ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Swapped the loudmouths out for flowmaster American thunder. Pretty satisfied with that. Put the cats back in due to emissions coming up and now it's rather quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJSP117

Established Member
I like the sound of the Ford Racing Stingers...nice loud sound on WOT, but deep and a nice rumble at idle....

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I ran slp loudmouths with cats and I loved it. It was a little louder than some of these old timers like. When I switched to catless x I started it up with the slps on it was so loud I wouldnt even drive it. I went with bassani axel back and I'm satisfied with the results.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've read, read, and read some more. Then experienced it for myself.

If you want loud exhaust, aggressive tone, no drone, and compliments.

Offroad midpipe, 3" setup, chambered mufflers (i.e. JBA on my car).

Tried so many different setups, but listed above wins every time.

*rumored that 3" exhaust will lost some low end power on cars with less than 700 rwhp*

Last edited:

airmanb2b

Established Member
I had the pypes deletes when I installed the mrt off road h. After one drive I ordered a set of borla stingers. Sounds sick at idle and part throttle. Still crazy loud at wot not really in a good way. Will be ordering a set of Borla touring mufflers this spring to try out.

Users who are viewing this thread