Exhaust only 03 Cobra Vert vs Intake 02' Z06

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
So a friend of mine was messing with me on the freeway, ill keep this short.

We do 2 45 mph rolls, we go at it and hes out maybe 3/4 of a car untill 90 and i start to reel him back in and I put about 1/2 car to a fender on him at around 115 and shut it down top of fourth!!

Not bad for a full weight, Vert with just a midpipe and cb. Oh and a mgw shifter handle (best money ever spent)!!!

His car has a intake(unknown) and HRE's

16kOrBust

Established Member
Not bad, dude. Surprised you were pulling back up top, though. How was his driving? I raced a bone stock 04 Z06 from a high roll with my current setup and it was a pretty even race, but the guy could drive. I've been wanting to run an exhaust Cobra for a while now to see how it would go.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Nice kill. I have a friend with a pullied 03 cobra and from 60-140 he would only be out a car and a half. I would think your buddy should be able to stay ahead.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Ok so your a vert and wight about what 3800-3900lbs and make about 390 to the wheels with your mods right ?
He weighs about 3120 and makes like 300-350rwhp to the wheels...
About a 600 lbs difference and you still pulled him up top ?

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
Haters always doubt. I have seen bone a bone stock car with the addition of a catback gain 50 rwhp with before and after dyno vids to prove it. Probably closer to 410-420 is my guess with a good shifter too.

Beetle6986

Established Member
Ok so your a vert and wight about what 3800-3900lbs and make about 390 to the wheels with your mods right ?
He weighs about 3120 and makes like 300-350rwhp to the wheels...
About a 600 lbs difference and you still pulled him up top ?

It should be close. I made 435 to the wheels with only an intake and catback for power mods. 400+ is the norm for intake and catback.
To the original poster. Whats up with your sig?
Vehicle: 04' Cobra HP: 251 TQ: 277 1/4 Mile: 18.99@ 102.10

Last edited:

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
lol the sig is for fun.

my car is stock weight, with a bunch of stuff in the trunk.

I can drive my car and hit the gears perfect.

He can drive too, he used to have a big cam ss ect.

Thanks guys! Im the slowest car in town along with him. In Houston to keep up with middle class cars you need 700whp LOL

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
lol the sig is for fun.

my car is stock weight, with a bunch of stuff in the trunk.

I can drive my car and hit the gears perfect.

He can drive too, he used to have a big cam ss ect.

Thanks guys! Im the slowest car in town along with him. In Houston to keep up with middle class cars you need 700whp LOL

^No kidding 300-500 rwhp is nothing big any more. Everyone has 10/11 sec cars.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Wow, good race. I would have been shocked to witness that I would put money on the Z for sure. Assuming equal drivers of course.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good Kill. Im also surprised with the outcome. I thought maybe he couldn't drive but you confirmed he can. As mentioned above "anything can happen on the street"

Quik Z06

Established Member
Hmmm, my 03 Cobra made 371whp stock and 404 with intake and catback. The Z should have pulled the Cobra easily. Im not hating but having owned both, I raced both when my Cobra was stock and when I started modding. Our Z dyno's at 371whp with intake exhaust and it took over 450whp in the Cobra to make it even close. We have also raced a few other Cobra's with minimal mods and have pulled all of them.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Hmmm, my 03 Cobra made 371whp stock and 404 with intake and catback. The Z should have pulled the Cobra easily. Im not hating but having owned both, I raced both when my Cobra was stock and when I started modding. Our Z dyno's at 371whp with intake exhaust and it took over 450whp in the Cobra to make it even close. We have also raced a few other Cobra's with minimal mods and have pulled all of them.

Thats because you guys know how do drive your Z. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread