exhaust help

smoothblue

Established Member
I love the sound of the stock exhaust. I am looking to make it a little louder. What have you guys done? Thanks

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I love the sound of the stock exhaust. I am looking to make it a little louder. What have you guys done? Thanks

Borla S Type is the answer. Slightly louder than stock at idle. Just the right loudness at WOT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

raustin0017

Established Member
Just installed ARH long tubes with off road H-pipe going thru the stock exhaust and to me...is perfect. Driving around and staying under 2500 rpm is a little louder than stock...but when you press the go peddle it comes alive and is just nasty sounding.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I once had a Borla catback (similar is sound loudness to the S) and I loved it. No drone. Idle a bit louder than stock and a nice WOT growl. I would go with a Borla S before I'd consider an off-road mid-pipe. Especially if you have state inspections. Replacing the catback is simpler overall than replacing the midpipe. JMO.

ILW84U

Established Member
After reading about everyone's experience on this over the years I decided to just do an offroad H pipe with the stock catback. Makes it a little louder without any drone etc. Love the new sound.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
After reading about everyone's experience on this over the years I decided to just do an offroad H pipe with the stock catback. Makes it a little louder without any drone etc. Love the new sound.
You'll be very happy with that

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
After much thought & watching guys spend major $ and still not be always happy, I got a set of Doug's electric cutouts. Haven't installed them yet but I will.
I am happy with the OEM sound, I'll just be able to add "louder" when I want.
It's a different approach I thought was worth trying.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I had the S-type alone for a few months. Really liked it but wanted a little more sound. Put a lethal O/R H on it and I love it.

Here is a video. I didn't get on it much at all, but hitting the sweet spot between 2000-2500 while going through normal conditions gives me chills. Cruising at like 2500rpm is awesome too. Always getting thumbs ups.

smoothblue

Established Member
I had the S-type alone for a few months. Really liked it but wanted a little more sound. Put a lethal O/R H on it and I love it.

Here is a video. I didn't get on it much at all, but hitting the sweet spot between 2000-2500 while going through normal conditions gives me chills. Cruising at like 2500rpm is awesome too. Always getting thumbs ups.

I take that is NO cats? Sounds sick!

Users who are viewing this thread