Excessive Engine Bay and Tunnel Heat

Kapy

Established Member
Is this the first time some of you have owned a car?
If any of those concerned about the heat generated with this car, they probably would have been less surprised if they read about their machine.
Before the car launched one of the biggest topics was how difficult it was for them to control engine temps. Hence the size of the radiator and front fascia air intake.
As for the cupholders? As others have mentioned not only do you have the exhaust running underneath, you also have a behemoth of a mechanism called the Tremec Tranny. Uhhh, you think that may get warm under operation?
Come on man......

verbal

Established Member
Is this the first time some of you have owned a car?
If any of those concerned about the heat generated with this car, they probably would have been less surprised if they read about their machine.
Before the car launched one of the biggest topics was how difficult it was for them to control engine temps. Hence the size of the radiator and front fascia air intake.
As for the cupholders? As others have mentioned not only do you have the exhaust running underneath, you also have a behemoth of a mechanism called the Tremec Tranny. Uhhh, you think that may get warm under operation?
Come on man......

Are you kidding me? I asked a simple question for a car that is new to me. My '03 Cobra didn't have this issue.

Sorry for asking such a dumb question. I guess I will go back to reading to 100th thread on allocation and delivery status.

Kapy

Established Member
Are you kidding me? I asked a simple question for a car that is new to me. My '03 Cobra didn't have this issue.

Sorry for asking such a dumb question. I guess I will go back to reading to 100th thread on allocation and delivery status.

If the car isn't reaching critical engine temperature ranges to cause damage or failure, what is the worry or point?

Just sayin.....Not rippin.:shrug:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
It's not that big of a deal to me. Considering how much motor is in that bay.... Funny, never even noticed the cup holder temp, but have felt some warmth around the play button..............

Black Thunder 715

Established Member

Friend,don't get mad. It's not a dumb question but a valid one. I bought my Shelby back in March and I too noticed that the engine bay gets very warm but I disregarded it as normal. That's probably why they have no upper or lower grill to help with the extra cooling of the engine.:rockon:

verbal

Established Member
Friend,don't get mad. It's not a dumb question but a valid one. I bought my Shelby back in March and I too noticed that the engine bay gets very warm but I disregarded it as normal. That's probably why they have no upper or lower grill to help with the extra cooling of the engine.:rockon:

Having already found the intercooler pump left unplugged, the brake fluid overfilled, as well as the dealer missing a few things, I am not going to disregard anything as normal.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

My 03 Cobra made more heat in the cabin than this car. Like alot more heat where my passengers would complain about their feet being warm.

I would check to make sure your intercooler pump is on, and your engine is being cooled properly.

As for threads- there are alot about allocation etc. but way more threads about the car itself

mikejaeggi

Established Member
Does anyone else notice how hot these cars get? I opened the hood tonight after a short drive and the heat coming off the engine is overwhelming. Everything in the engine bay is too hot to touch including the plastic parts around the engine bay. I also get a lot of heat coming out of the cup holders in the center console. Is this normal?

I have noticed that as well, I think it's normal on these cars. I leave the hood open when I come back from a drive to allow it to breath more freely but it honestly raises the overall temp in my garage

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I have noticed that as well, I think it's normal on these cars. I leave the hood open when I come back from a drive to allow it to breath more freely but it honestly raises the overall temp in my garage
+1. I actually do the same thing. Hey Chris, where is the intercooler pump connector located?

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
almost all of my driving is in the country so others may be different but I have been checking and don't get much heat per say. I could see that if I drove hard then urban or city this could easily be possible. My spirited driving is normally followed by some normal cruising before I stop. Hope all is good.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Every vehicle I own gets unbearably hot in the engine compartment after extended driving.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
My intake temp got up to 140 F yesterday in traffic, and the ambient temp was about 98, so I can see how you might think the car gets hot. Once I got up to hwy speeds, my temp hovers around ambient. To be honest, I haven't noticed, but I run AC on max all the time where I live. It's hot when we are at the low temp of the day here in tx. Im jealous right now, but it evens out- there might be 20 days a year it gets too cold to drive here. Ill take that.

verbal

Established Member
+1. I actually do the same thing. Hey Chris, where is the intercooler pump connector located?

The connector is on the driver's side in front of the fan. Several people on here have found that the wire was never plugged in at the factory and was sitting on the intake from the assembly process.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
My 2011 Shelby was the same about the excessive heat coming from the engine compartment. Nice when its a little cool outside but SUCKS when it is 98 deg in the summer. I bought a large fan from Lowes and set it up in the garage. After a trip I would pop the hood and put the fan on to help cool the car. Drove the wife nuts!!;-)

DougM

Established Member
Chris! said:
Are you kidding me? I asked a simple question for a car that is new to e. My '03 Cobra didn't have this issue.

My 03 Cobra made more heat in the cabin than this car. Like alot more heat where my passengers would complain about their feet being warm.

I would check to make sure your intercooler pump is on, and your engine is being cooled properly.

As for threads- there are alot about allocation etc. but way more threads about the car itself

Hey, look at the upside.....soon there will be waaaay fewer discussions on allocations and delivery dates. :)

Posted via Topify using Android

Users who are viewing this thread