Excessive Engine Bay and Tunnel Heat

verbal

Established Member
Does anyone else notice how hot these cars get? I opened the hood tonight after a short drive and the heat coming off the engine is overwhelming. Everything in the engine bay is too hot to touch including the plastic parts around the engine bay. I also get a lot of heat coming out of the cup holders in the center console. Is this normal?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have not noticed anything excessive but I'll be going on a short drive now and will report back on cup holders. I'd be worried about clogged cats if bad
-J

RockStarKick

Established Member
Never experienced this, I had a 13' GT and when you opened the hood on that one after a drive the engine bay was nuclear.

carguy19

Established Member
My engine bay is hot, but not to where i cant touch things. I dont get any heat inside at all, even when Im beating on the car.

jay38372

Established Member
I went for a 90 min drive and beat on it and no heat on the inside of the car, but by the hood vent oh yeah it was plenty warm.

Last edited:

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
That is normal. The supercharger really keeps things hot hot hot under the hood.

The cup holders are hot from the lights in them. Strange, but used to drive me nuts.

mullens

Established Member
This car is nothing compared to my Terminator. Inside the cabin you could feel the heat from the engine on your legs. I don't know if it was bad insulation or what but it was definitely noticeable.

verbal

Established Member
On the interior it usually takes a while for heat to build up but you can feel the heat radiating if you rest your arm on the center console. I can't imagine it is the cup holder lights. Aren't they LEDs? It has to be the exhaust.

The engine bay got that hot driving 5 miles and not beating on it.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Compared to the SN95 cars the heat in the cabin isn't nearly as bad.

Only thing that bothers me is right where I rest my heel below the accelerator seems to get hot

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
The heat coming off this engine is hotter than any previous SVT that
Ive owned, but I havent noticed any heat around the cup holders or in the interior.
However: after a few WOT pulls...heat coming from the foot rest or floorboard or tunnel area would be normal IMO.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
i've noticed the heat inside. head out for a ride, come home, park in the garage. go back in the car after its been sitting for a 1/2 hr to an hour and the heat from inside the car is apparent when i open my door.

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
I definitely feel it heat up inside the car especially since I try not to use A/C. Those that crank up the A/c might not notice it nearly as much. And under the hood it's pretty toasty too. Engine temps are all in normal range so it hasn't been a worry.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
I live in FL and on the occasion that I do drive the Shelby I rarely ever use AC.. I do notice some heat down near the pedals and I always prop the hood up after a drive to help cool off the engine.. Also the supercharger itself is wayyyyy to hot to touch even after a light sprint to the store..

Myfast70

Established Member
I live in Arizona and haven't noticed that the heat is excessive (obviously A/C is on). I agree with the others, your car is defective and you better hurry and sell it!

Users who are viewing this thread