Excellent Motor Trend Video - Ferrari 458 Italia vs Ducati 1198S

16kOrBust

Established Member
Did a quick search and didn't notice anyone post this. The production quality is GREAT in this video all around. 1/4 mile drag, road course, professional driver and rider, excellent shots, just an awesome comparison. Major props to Motor Trend for this one. :beer:

Ferrari 458 Italia vs. Ducati 1198 S - Motor Trend

Makes me want that Ferrari SO bad...

DevilSun

Established Member
I bought this car last night in GT5...it is an incredible, and I mean incredible ride in the game. I can only imagine in real life...thanks for sharing. Awesome article and video.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think that's the first car/bike comparison where I've actually seen the bike come out on top. I remember the Carerra/R1 and GTR/1098 (I think) comparisons and I think both cars came out on top on those. Being that this is the 458, one of the best performing cars on the market right now I'm really surprised it got beat by that much.

16kOrBust

Established Member
I think that's the first car/bike comparison where I've actually seen the bike come out on top. I remember the Carerra/R1 and GTR/1098 (I think) comparisons and I think both cars came out on top on those. Being that this is the 458, one of the best performing cars on the market right now I'm really surprised it got beat by that much.

I especially liked the fact that they got an ace driver/rider for each vehicle on the road course rather than a single guy who might be badass with one but not necessarily the best with the other. A lot of videos will stick one guy in/on both and have him do laps with each, but how often do you actually find someone who is top of the heap with BOTH a car and a bike? Getting an ace for each is really the best way to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread