Evolutions...you had the thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
thread def. needs to stay open, the fact that the two shops are family related and are right across the street it opens enough questions to warrant time to investigate the matter, check your credt card to see if any parts were purchased from or by evolution etc. Might give more of an idea of whats going on here.

Do you have any pictures of your car in the shop getting worked on or any cell phone records that show you calling Evolution to check on your car and not mighty mufflers, if your conversations are with Fred or evolutions numbers that proves somethings up. Any checks written to Evolution as well or a quote for the work prior to the work? just some ideas to start with

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
thread def. needs to stay open, the fact that the two shops are family related and are right across the street it opens enough questions to warrant time to investigate the matter, check your credt card to see if any parts were purchased from or by evolution etc. Might give more of an idea of whats going on here.

Bingo.

Hopefully more paperwork will be revealed. :read:

RSH427R

Established Member
I know a lot of places farm out work to other specialty shops to do work outside their "area of expertise". It is a little disappointing that this was not disclosed to you prior to dropping off your car.

Google maps pretty clearly shows two separate businesses....related or not they are separate IMO. The signage is different and even the types of vehicles parked out front are different. I am sure the son does a lot of work for the performance shop but it appears he also does his own work. I see more pickups and mini vans then GT 500(s) :shrug:

mighty.jpg

mighty2.jpg

mighty3.jpg

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I was told they use your custom fabricated turbo pipes to create replicas for other customers, not telling you and delaying your vechicle at the shop.

I remember seeing your car on the lift at might muffler getting the work done while I was there for a tune.

Last edited:

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
We do everything in house and try not to out source anything that way we have control of the outcome.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Evo, I don't understand why you guys send cars across the way to get an O2 bung welded in. If you are doing custom turbo piping, why not take 5 minutes to weld in the bung yourselves and save all this trouble? If someone comes in your shop and wants exhaust work done, would you do it or would you send them across the street? Why not take the work yourselves? Sounds like it would save a lot of trouble.

We do everything in house and try not to out source anything that way we have control of the outcome.

My point exactly.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
If Evo and Mighty Muffler aren't the same then how come when I called Evo for a price quote on an inline pump install I was told to call and I quote "our" shop across the street which turned out to be Mighty Muffler?

Not to mention I was quoted $400 for labor and Swarr auto quoted me $150 plus a dyno pull afterwards to check the fuel pressure....

Evolution

Established Member
If Evo and Mighty Muffler aren't the same then how come when I called Evo for a price quote on an inline pump install I was told to call and I quote "our" shop across the street which turned out to be Mighty Muffler?

Not to mention I was quoted $400 for labor and Swarr auto quoted me $150 plus a dyno pull afterwards to check the fuel pressure....

I talked to you and I told you to call 610-497-3700, which is Nelson's Auto Service, NOT Mighty Muffler!

We mainly specialize in S197 Mustangs......

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member

Maybe you should out source wiring a boost-a-pump on a GT500, since you obviously don't know how to, thus you blowing a customers car up.......

Please deny the above statement, please.......

Chris I would advise you to stay out of this thread, unless you want some war stories to come up......

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Mike, now that everyone is watching the thread... You might as well post up all of what happened.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
im missed the other threads. Why is the cat out of the bag a year after the car was sold?

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Wow. It's been SOOOO long since we had such drama over here in our little corner of SVTP. Great. Just what we needed...

Couldn't you guys have done this over in Smackdown or something? It's really getting ugly.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
He walked in Mighty Muffler, Nelson JR who owns Mighty Muffler quoted the job, slacked on the job, made excuses with the job.

I'm sorry you had bad experience with Mighty Muffler but that's not how we do things at Evolution Performance, Inc.

According to the filings provided to the PA Secretary of State, NELSON P WHITLOCK, Jr., is the President for both entities, Evolution and Mighty Muffler. I too had a bad experience with Evolution/Mighty Muffler - my experience is post #30 in the "My Local Shop" thread.

Business Name History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name Name Type
EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE, INC. Current Name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Corporation - Domestic - Information

Entity Number: 3237949

Entity Creation Date: 7/23/2004 12:04:35 PM

Registered Office Address: 3606 MARKET ST

ASTON PA 19014-
Delaware
Mailing Address: No Address

Officers

Name: NELSON P WHITLOCK JR
Title: President
Address: 3606 MARKET ST
ASTON PA 19014-23

Name: NELSON P WHITLOCK III
Title: Vice President
Address: [Address Not Available]

Name Name Type
MIGHTY MUFFLER, INC. Current Name

Business Corporation - Domestic - Information

Entity Number: 2608074

Entity Creation Date: 11/16/1994 11:18:47 AM

State of Business.: PA
Registered Office Address: 395 BETHEL RD
ASTON PA 19014-0
Delaware
Mailing Address: No Address

Officers

Name: NELSON P WHITLOCK JR
Title: President
Address: 395 BETTHEL RD
ASTON PA 19014-23

Name: NELSON P WHITLOCK III
Title: Vice President
Address: 395 BETTHEL RD
ASTON PA 19014-23

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I love the professionalism. Especially when they topped it off by smokin his tires off while going to get coffee and donuts for the rest of the shop.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Maybe you should out source wiring a boost-a-pump on a GT500, since you obviously don't know how to, thus you blowing a customers car up.......

Please deny the above statement, please.......

Chris I would advise you to stay out of this thread, unless you want some war stories to come up......

Fred,my statment was not to bash you seeing as i really don't know who you are but just to say that is what we do so we don't have problems with other people involved. but it seems that you want to talk shit so lets do that. as far as the boost a pump deal it was wired right just not to both fpdm's and if you think that ruined a motor then fine that is what you think which does'nt really matter. so the great evolution dont make mistakes!!!!!! from what i am reading that is not the case. please go ahead and post up all the bad things so we can better improve my business the evolution way:-D

The difference is i am man enough not to throw blame around and admit mistakes when they happen and try to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread