Evolution Performance, Inc. - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Exhaust Tech Info!

Evolution

Established Member
Exhaust

This is the big question everyone wanted answered... So here we go..

All 2010 Mustang GT Axle Back or Catback Exhaust Systems will NOT simply bolt on the 2011 Mustang GT's.

Axle Back

Problem? Ford changed the way the Axle Back Exhaust bolts up to the over the axle pipes. Their using a Ball and Socket type flange connection instead of the traditional S197 Slip fit, which is actually much better for preventing leaks.

Quick Fix: Any local exhaust shop can modify the over the axle pipes so the axle back pipe can be adapted to the Axle Back!

Fix: Direct Fit 2011 specific axle back exhaust kits are expected to hit the market over the next couple of months!

Catback/H-Pipe

Problem? Just like you read above but worse... The Catback Exhaust or Off-Road X or H-Pipe have NO chance of bolting up. Ford completely changed everything starting with the new Shorty Header, it's a lot longer then the traditional block hugging exhaust manifold. The longer collector on the shorty header shifts everything down lower including the catalytic converters.

After the converters it has 2.25" Exhaust Pipe (it was done to help with the low end torque) leading to the new KR style H-Pipe (it was done for sound purposes), it continues with 2.25" Pipping then it progressively gets bigger to 2.5" going into the exhaust resonators (The Drivers side resonator is squashed a little on the bottom side, I'm assuming for extra clearance), which are located towards the back of the vehicle. Coming out of the resonators the 2.5" pipping continues up and over the Axle. The over the axle pipes are squashed on both sides before connecting to the stock mufflers!

Quick Fix: Custom Catback Exhaust System, but only if it can be done with mandrel bends

Fix: Direct Fit 2011 specific catback exhaust kits are expected to hit the market in the next three months!

On a side note, I'm still working on the dyno video!

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.
www.evoperform.com

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Wow, Ford really screwed that up, the really should have kept the two systems as similar as possible, thanks for the info.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
great run!

Here's what they've done to get the 12.04 @ 117mph - 1.70 60ft.

"Exhaust, Tune, ET Streets, K&N Drop in Air Filter, upper and lower control arms!"

Users who are viewing this thread