Evo vs Ferrari and Evo vs Srt-4 vs civic

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
EvoOwner, i see you were talking about an exhaust earlier, may i make a suggestion? I have a good friend with a 93 eclipse gsx who has an ATR exhaust. His exhaust sounds great, for an import. It has a deep tone, and not very ricey at all.
man a good friend of mine has a couple GSX's one of which has dyno'd at 587. It has a Dynomax muffler and while it is deep I swear to god it sounds like a tractor under full throttle

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by NITMARE
man a good friend of mine has a couple GSX's one of which has dyno'd at 587. It has a Dynomax muffler and while it is deep I swear to god it sounds like a tractor under full throttle

Why would anyone want their car to sound like a tractor? :shrug:

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
:lol:

The 4G63 engine is by now means a quiet and smooth running engine. I'm sure broke7 can tell ya, I had a modded GSX, at times the engine sounded like a sewing machine from all that lifter ticking. My evo doesn't sound as noisy now, but only time will tell. :shrug:

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
I know it's weird, you hear it and it sounds like it has to work soo hard to move at all but Damn it's fast.

EvoOwner

Established Member
Well it is a 4 cylinder engine, and I'm sure the guy is running some serious boost on that engine to get those #'s. Noisy as the 4G63 is, it is a heck of an engine that can withstand a lot of abuse. Hey broke, you got my back in case any of these guys want to challenge my statement here? :-D

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
Yeah would probably know better. Some shop in Chicago built the motor and did the tuning. I am not sure of their name just thought you might. Supposedly they do alot of the Mitsu's.

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by EvoOwner
Possibly:

http://www.automotosports.com/

they are in the windy city.

Later.
I bet that is them. My friend used to always talk about some badass white one they had that makes 600 some hp. right now my friend has another one there getting worked on and his goal is to see 700 whp. We'll see I guess. He's got the money to make it happen.

EvoOwner

Established Member
Check out the employee rides on that site. He was probably talking about Tim Salefski's talon.

OK now I'm really going to bed. Later guys.

Users who are viewing this thread