Evo vs Ferrari and Evo vs Srt-4 vs civic

BAD03SVT

Established Member
2nd vid dont know what is good here an evo AWD is better than the srt-4 and the civic even if he is spraying evidently something is not right there, due to the nice backfire.

AzDropTop

Established Member
The Evo, srt, honda race was funny. Nice Exhaust notes. ha ha. The Evo is ok, but I like the STI much better.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by AzDropTop
The Evo, srt, honda race was funny. Nice Exhaust notes. ha ha. The Evo is ok, but I like the STI much better.

werd i like the STis much better looks and everything, if i had to drive an import it would be the way i would go.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
Re: He was grany shifting!

Originally posted by 03SonicStang3
Is it me or was that Ferrari grany shifting? I really do not think he was even racing!
what ? he wasnt double clutching like he should ?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Re: He was grany shifting!

Originally posted by 03SonicStang3
Is it me or was that Ferrari grany shifting? I really do not think he was even racing!

He granny shifted into 2nd, then he hit the rev limiter at the top of second, then granny shifted into third, then lifted off at the end. He either could not, or did not want to, drive his car hard. I wouldn't call that video indicative of what a true race would be like.:rollseyes

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Originally posted by 85svo
Ah my disdain for evo's you ask. Well lets see I used to sell pos things and they are hype plain and simple. We drove them. They were weak to say the least.

I think I remember you saying you worked at a dodge dealership. What does an evo or sti have to do with the cars you used to sell? The hype? Who cares if people are buying hyped up cars, your not, thats all that should matter. :-D

85svo said:
"...have alot more respect for the sti."
OK so the evo is just a pos "retarded" car and the sti you have respect for. I don't understand your logic but whatever it's your opinion, next point...

85svo said:
"When I get my clutch in i'll get some video of me spanking an evo in my sohc pinto motored heavy mustang. Then you can't say shit about supercharged v-8 :cryying: or more displacement:cryying: or it is or isn't stock then maybe you will get it."

Then I'll get it huh? :-D Here's something you should get: I really don't care if your 19 year old car with god knows how many miles on it, can beat my car in a street race. I bought my car for several reasons and a quick car was just one of them. At the end of the day I am very secure with my purchase and don't need to drive around looking for races to build up my car self esteem. If i decide to street race and I win, I give a thumbs up, if I lose I do the same out of respect for a quicker car. I don't think any less of my car if the latter happends. In the end of the day I am still driving the car I prefer. :-D

Then I can't say shit about supercharged v8's or displacement huh? How's this for shit I've said before:

"evo's may not be as fast or as cheap to mod as '03s..." <- in this very thread no less.

"For me it's all about the AWD, I would love it if these cars came with a larger engine, like a straight six perhaps. Thats why I'm waiting for the skyline GT-R to come over ;-)" <- in another thread, of course you can make more power with a bigger engine, quit confusing me with someone who thinks otherwise. :nonono:

85svo said:
"My girlfriend is safe being she isn't into anal so that keeps the evo and sti owners away."

You don't know what your missing! :beer:

85svo said:
"Lastly I have said most in a playful manner and not an in your face type of way. The evo owners that talk the trash get me. You until now have been the exception."

I don't think I am talking trash here. I am directing my posts towards an individual and not a car as you have done. Quite frankly I really don't give a crap if you think my car is a pos. But I am just wondering why you feel you have to make sarcastic remarks towards evo's every chance you get, as you have done so in several threads.

My own opinion is that you think it makes you sound cool on this site. I think you think it makes you look good in front of the other SVT guys here. This is why I posted above about how many '03 owners actually like or acknowledge the capabilities of the evo. Yes including some of '03 owners from Florida for whom you're trying hard to get friendly with. See I do my homework as well. :-D

If I'm wrong I'm sorry, but this is my impression from reading the majority of your evo related posts here thus far.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

SHiFT

Established Member
i dunno

i think evo's are ok, but between that n the sti, i'd go sti deff, but also i have myself an SE-R which i love that runs like low 12's high 11's...etc This has to be one of the best cars i've ever owned.

I'm saying i'll give a cobra..etc deff a run for it's money :)

:burn:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by The Orphaner
:shrug: I'm not sure about the ferrari vid. Did he know he was racing? LOL.:sleeping:

03SonicStang3 said:
"Is it me or was that Ferrari grany shifting? I really do not think he was even racing!"

Lethalchem said:
"He either could not, or did not want to, drive his car hard."

If you listen carefully you can hear the ferrari bouncing off the rev limiter twice. That kind of gives this indication that he was racing to me. And how is bouncing off twice not racing hard? He's clearly not a good driver, but still he was obviously pushing it.

:thumbsup:

Enzo?? Did I miss something, who said anything about enzo in this thread?? I think I'll reread. :read:

Last edited:

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by AzDropTop

Yeah the exhaust does sound lame. I think you are mostly hearing the civic's exhaust because it's probably the loudest. The evo exhaust doesn't sound like that, it doesn't sound like a v8 either, but it's no civic sound.

Here is a clip of an evo with an HKS exhaust installed. I may decide to go with HKS, I haven't made up my mind yet.

http://www.hksusa.com/info/media.asp?id=1764

As for the backfire I think it came from the civic as well. Not sure what thats all about. :shrug:

Last edited:

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
just admit the evo kept up with the ferrari! gOD !!! give props to an import once in a while !
me and a freind spanks those modenas all the time in his 99 GST .. =0]

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
The 360's run upper 12's in the quarter with an average driver, so I would imagine a modded Evo could hang with one. Looks like the driver quit. Don't know why he was afraid to bring on the high speed fury Ferrari's are famous for :shrug:

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Don't know why he was afraid to bring on the high speed fury Ferrari's are famous for :shrug:
Because he is the one that can wind up looking bad, not the Evo owner. That is just how Ferrari owners are. A good friend of mine has an 03 Cobra and we met up with a 360 and went from a roll. As soon we started pulling on him he let out and said he dosn't street race....***:bash:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
nice races but im not sure what all the melee is about???

For clarification my GF could of drove the ferrari better.

I love it when people think they have conquered the world and rolled up on a exotic car and hung with it or pulled it. When in all reality the dude probably doesnt give a shit or he is laughing at you cause he is gonna go home and forget about it.

I like 1500 dollars worth of bolt on's myself
http://www.mrx7.com/broke7/Movies/1127.WMV

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
nice races but im not sure what all the melee is about???
I love it when people think they have conquered the world and rolled up on a exotic car and hung with it or pulled it. When in all reality the dude probably doesnt give a shit or he is laughing at you cause he is gonna go home and forget about it.
http://www.mrx7.com/broke7/Movies/1127.WMV
It's not about thinking that they conquered the world.It's about taking the average Joe car and spending a little dough and most importantly getting your hands dirty and in the end having a car that is faster than the Dickheads Ferrari. So what if the guy dosn't act like he cares in the back of his mind he is going Damn I just got beat by a Mustang or in this case a Mitsubishi. What I love is that 9 times out of 10 the guys in the Ferrari's aren't real car guys and go into the race thinking there is no way am I gonna lose to some 22 year old punk in a Mustang. But when you do even if you just hung with him all the hours in the garage seem worth while.:rockon:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
What makes all my hours in the garage worthwhile is when I run good times, take out someone on the street who I know is a very good racer and competitor.

I could say I smoked some movie star in their exotic, but I know they dont give a damn about racing or they couldnt drive on the other hand, this in my book is almost like cheating

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
I agree but don't come down on some dude for being proud of a race. I like racing at the track also but you cannot beat the rush of runnin um on the street wether you are next to great driver or not that shit is just plain fun. Also my job doesn't allow me to get to the track near as much as I would like.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
nah thats cool, its just two points of view. Cant knock someone for their opinion.

This guy just comes in here trying to "convert" people to the EVO making it out to be the best thing since the wheel was invented.

Users who are viewing this thread