Evo 9 vs kb mach1

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Readers digest version...

Evo 9- larger turbo, fuel upgrades, meth injection, was told running either 24 or 26 psi. hp is unknown to me. 2step and launch control. guessing 500awhp?

My Mach- K.b. mach 8psi 466rwhp,
suspension mods- MM torque arm, panhard bar,MM xtreme adj LCA's, MT DR's, 200 250 progressive rear springs, strange shocks and struts, t-56, 3.55's 1 passenger.

ran 2 races from a dig.
1st race got out of the groove and spun on launch, ran side by side till about 60mph then he passes me.

2nd race- i pulled 1 to 1.5 lenghts out of the hole, he runs me down at around 80 and by 120 he had 1-2 lengths on me.

Not having known anything about this car, i totally did not expect this outcome. My thoughts were that he would pull me out of the hole and i would run him down. I didnt miss any gears and hit my marks perfectly on time. I was told he was 2 stepping it at around 6-6500rpm and I was leaving around 3500 with a tad of clutch slip. I've got a set of 4.10s on the way, maybe i'll see about getting another run with him next weekend. Also i'm stepping up to a 28x10.50 so i can leave a little harder with that tire.

Good luck to anybody that goes up and races one. modded, they are pretty stout little 4 doors!

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I like those Evos, even with his awd he was up against your 400ftlbs+ of instant torque even though he out ran you top end. It's a respectable death.

I installed mega bite jr. upper and lower control arms along with 5 way tokico struts and shocks, it made a big difference on the launch.

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
With a bigger turbo and meth hes making over 500hp for sure. Depending on which turbo, he might be hitting full boost pretty damn fast too.

Last edited:

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
His top end charge was very impressive. I expected his car to be fast up to 70 or 80 and then fall on its face. I thought i would get him on the top end. The outcome was exactly the opposite. I was guessing 500 hp, after reading your post, maybe more? Maybe i was a loser for taking the race, but i dont feel bad after pulling a car and a half on a hole shot racing an awd car.

evolve

Established Member
His top end charge was very impressive. I expected his car to be fast up to 70 or 80 and then fall on its face. I thought i would get him on the top end. The outcome was exactly the opposite. I was guessing 500 hp, after reading your post, maybe more? Maybe i was a loser for taking the race, but i dont feel bad after pulling a car and a half on a hole shot racing an awd car.

Maybe, but either way it sounds like a decent race. On the stock turbo top end (past 70ish) sux horribly, but with a larger and more efficient turbo pushing air at those speeds it just makes more power. Add meth to the race and youve got a very fast evo. To give you an idea, with bolt ons and a gt35r and evo can easily trap 130+mph in the 1/4.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Maybe, but either way it sounds like a decent race. On the stock turbo top end (past 70ish) sux horribly, but with a larger and more efficient turbo pushing air at those speeds it just makes more power. Add meth to the race and youve got a very fast evo. To give you an idea, with bolt ons and a gt35r and evo can easily trap 130+mph in the 1/4.

There's a guy in Morgantown, WV that has one that is trapping 130-135ish now..... Very quick cars once upgrades happen.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Last year i was trapping between 117-120 I haven't been able to put a good run together at the track to see what its actually capable of. Last week at the track, it was slicker than snot, no track prep. I should have raced out on the state road in front of the track. More traction for sure.

I'm thinking that if i can get him down to our track on a night where there is actually track prep, i might be able to beat him to 1320'. hes going to be charging hard on the top end. Hopefullly the 410's come in and 28's work wonders for me.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Honestly with the AWD `500hp and two step and weight advantage its going to be very hard to beat him with just 466 hp. If he is running anti-lag he can launch with 23-25lbs of boost and all the torque his 4 tires can hold. Watch this video of a board member here with a 734ho Whipple Shelby racing a 550 hp Evo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdIO3Un5PQ"]YouTube - 2.9L Whipple GT500 VS Really Fast Evolution[/ame]

Last edited:

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Pretty impressive video! Looks like ima gonna be needing a smaller pulley to run this fella again. I'll record it next time to let you see the outcome.

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
Honestly with the AWD `500hp and two step and weight advantage its going to be very hard to beat him with just 466 hp. If he is running anti-lag he can launch with 23-25lbs of boost and all the torque his 4 tires can hold. Watch this video of a board member here with a 734ho Whipple Shelby racing a 550 hp Evo.

YouTube - 2.9L Whipple GT500 VS Really Fast Evolution

Whats up with the Shelby? Not only can you not even hear the exhaust on the 500 but you can't even really here the blower. That thing doesn't seem like a 735RWHP Shelby. And if it is, even with the extra weight(which isn't a ton vs evos unless the evo is striped) With almost 200 more RWHP in the 500 I don't see how in the hell the EVO was leaving it so hard unless the Shelby driver was just that bad of a driver but you cant tell because you can't even hear it from inside it? Just curious......

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Whats up with the Shelby? Not only can you not even hear the exhaust on the 500 but you can't even really here the blower. That thing doesn't seem like a 735RWHP Shelby. And if it is, even with the extra weight(which isn't a ton vs evos unless the evo is striped) With almost 200 more RWHP in the 500 I don't see how in the hell the EVO was leaving it so hard unless the Shelby driver was just that bad of a driver but you cant tell because you can't even hear it from inside it? Just curious......

He has 734 I have seen his dyno sheet. He beat a KB Blown C5 Z06 the same night and a Ron Fellows C6 Z06 with CAI on the same night. He said he had driven over and hour to get to the race spot and immediately raced the EVO so his engine was hot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQxv3VItIgE"]YouTube - GT500 VS Blown Z06[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEeyRqkZO6o"]YouTube - 2008 2.9L Whipple GT500 VS C6 Z06 Ron Fellows Edition[/ame] And a 3000lb EVO with 550 hp at 35psi runs really hard.

Last edited:

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
He has 734 I have seen his dyno sheet. He beat a KB C5 Z06 the same night and a Ron Fellows C6 Z06 with CAI on the same night.

YouTube - GT500 VS Blown Z06

YouTube - 2008 2.9L Whipple GT500 VS C6 Z06 Ron Fellows Edition

I'm not saying that its not putting 730 down it just doesn't seem like it. Unless that EVO is totally striped or putting down more power the 550 or the Shelby driver sucks I don't see how in the hell he pulled on him so hard especially listening to the EVO's very very slow shifts:shrug:. lol It just threw me off..I wasn't expecting to see that EVO take off like it did being down 200HP. They are both bad ass cars none the less! Nice videos too :burnout:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I'm not saying that its not putting 730 down it just doesn't seem like it. Unless that EVO is totally striped or putting down more power the 550 or the Shelby driver sucks I don't see how in the hell he pulled on him so hard especially listening to the EVO's very very slow shifts:shrug:. lol It just threw me off..I wasn't expecting to see that EVO take off like it did being down 200HP. They are both bad ass cars none the less! Nice videos too :burnout:

I believe he said the EVO was 3000lbs and was making 35psi. Plus they were racing from about 50mph IIRC so the EVO could spool better. The EVO wouldn't give him a slower start. The EVO was faster than the C6 Z06 or the blown C5 Z06. Heat soak cuts the power and pulls timing so that's probably another reason. I raced a EVO [just a 2nd gear pull] and he stayed on my rear fender when I was making 542 in my Shelby. Some of those EVO's run very strong.

Last edited:

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
I believe he said the EVO was 3000lbs. Plus they were racing from about 50mph IIRC so the EVO could spool better. The EVO wouldn't give him a slower start. Heat soak cuts the power and pulls timing so that's probably another reason.

With the Whipple heat soak shouldn't have been a very big issue unless he had done a TON of runs before that race. And yea around 3000 pounds vs something like ?3900? is a big difference. Lot of weight right there...one big reason I don't like the new stangs...way to heavy. If he would have started slower at least he would have jumped out before the EVO and then get caught..lol...Thanks for the input dude.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Doesn't matter if it was a slower roll. I would race from 30-35mph all the time. If you know how to brake boost lag is not a problem.

Also from a dig if he raised the 2-step which it sounds like he did he can build a good amount of boost off the start.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Doesn't matter if it was a slower roll. I would race from 30-35mph all the time. If you know how to brake boost lag is not a problem.

Also from a dig if he raised the 2-step which it sounds like he did he can build a good amount of boost off the start.

I use a 2 step and anti lag on my VR4 and leave the line at near full boost.

silvervenom

Established Member
Readers digest version...

Evo 9- larger turbo, fuel upgrades, meth injection, was told running either 24 or 26 psi. hp is unknown to me. 2step and launch control. guessing 500awhp?

My Mach- K.b. mach 8psi 466rwhp MM torque arm panhard bar, MT's 250 rear springs strange shocks and struts, t-56 3.55's 1 passenger.

ran 2 races from a dig.
1st race got out of the groove and spun on launch, ran side by side till about 60mph then he passes me.

2nd race- i pulled 1 to 1.5 lenghts out of the hole, he runs me down at around 80 and by 120 he had 1-2 lengths on me.

Not having known anything about this car, i totally did not expect this outcome. My thoughts were that he would pull me out of the hole and i would run him down. I didnt miss any gears and hit my marks perfectly on time. I was told he was 2 stepping it at around 6-6500rpm and I was leaving around 3500 with a tad of clutch slip. I've got a set of 4.10s on the way, maybe i'll see about getting another run with him next weekend. Also i'm stepping up to a 28x10.50 so i can leave a little harder with that tire.

Good luck to anybody that goes up and races one. modded, they are pretty stout little 4 doors!

time for more upgrades lucas :rockon:

evolve

Established Member
My advice: Add meth or N2O and drop some weight from your car (first, take out that passenger you had for the next one). You should be doing the walking then.

Users who are viewing this thread