EVO 8 running 12.30's at 110

MrBonus

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
With enough money anything can be made quick. More power to you if you like those things but to me it's still a blender with tires.

You know how the expression goes:

Give me a blender and I'll make margaritas! Err... Umm... Whatever.

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
With enough money anything can be made quick. More power to you if you like those things but to me it's still a blender with tires.

The point is it doesn't take a lot of money. You can get an EVO to run low 12s with $1000. Pay attention.

All this out of a 2.0L engine! Any backwoods hillbilly can make big power out of a big block V8 but as with any great feat of engineering it is more elegant and amazing to do more with less. Incidentally, get ready for the new EVO:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzI2MzgyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

Stock:
12.9sec quarter mile
4.3sec 0-60mph
0.98 lateral gs

nsxmatt

Established Member
With enough money anything can be made quick.

Money has nothing to do with it, neither does brand or number of cly. Quick car is a quick car and if done right is respected. Calling it a blender or whatever is just immature.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
evo can run 11's on stock turbo.

he must be running low boost if hes only running a 12.3 , he could easily make 11's by upping the boost on a upgraded turbo.

evo's engine eternals are very strong.

as i posted in the other thread , my friend ran a 12.7 with a 3 inch downpipe , hi-flow cat , 3 inch catback , and a boost controller running at 21 psi (comes stock from the factory running 19.5psi) thats 1100-1200 bucks in mods for a 12.7

Users who are viewing this thread