Everything im reading screams SCAM please let me know your thoughts

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Here is the fund deposit from paypal. If i hover my mouse on the from sender on my inbox it says the email is from [email protected]. Something just seems off on this transaction. I put my tablet in Indiana and hes asking to ship it to Cali

You've got a new funds

Hello Rick Seucharan,

You have an Instant Payment of $350.00 USD from James Walter ([email protected]) Please note that it will take a little while for this Transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview, this transaction will be strictly by email and calling us is not necessary.

Note from merchant:
I have just sent you the payment for the Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 including the postage fee to my cousin, Please quickly post it out via USPS EXPRESS MAIL DELIVERY and let me know the tracking number.

Payment Details

Purchased From: Rick Seucharan

Transaction ID :3W492637HE3368307

Here is the second email from "paypal"

Hello Rick Seucharan,

This PayPal® payment of $350.00 USD has been deducted from the buyer's (James Walter) account ([email protected]) and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification. This security measure is applied due to the fact that the buyer was subscribed under PayPal User Protection Policy so as to secure the buyer's transaction. The buyer on his own part also sent an e-mail requesting to know the status of this transaction.

You are hereby alerted that your money is been "Pending" since we have not received any Shipping Reference Tracking Number details from you for the shipment verification.

Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email, do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction and not via PHONE CALL because we do check our E-mail frequently, we do not consider it to be an alternative to telephonic contact in emergency situations. Feel free to contact us directly to our customer care service at: (Click Here).

Warning: Do not provide the Reference Tracking Number details to the buyer until we confirmed the Postage and your account been credited.

Note: We advise you to get back to us with the Reference Tracking Number details once the goods is been posted at: Click Here before your funds can be Processed You have to undergo through this process due to security measure and to ensure safety on the both side.

Pending Notification Transaction ID: 3W492637HE3368307

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
100% scam. Paypal post payments immediately. If the transaction doesnt show up on paypal.com then its not there.

Coiled03

Established Member
If it screams scam that loudly to you, walk away. Gotta trust your instincts.

rancid

Established Member
100% scam. He wants it shipped so quickly because the PayPal account is probably hacked and the funds will be placed on hold. When in doubt ask PayPal to verify that way you are covered.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Confirmed called paypal they said if the money is not in my account then they did not send it and do not send the product.

These scammers are getting smarter rather than the cut paste nigeria emails

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Yup SCAM, anytime it says "Please quickly post it out via USPS EXPRESS MAIL DELIVERY"

They don't want you to call paypal huh?

"this transaction will be strictly by email and calling us is not necessary."

And when the hell did paypal start doing this? Why would they want to pay someone to verify it? They don't.

"will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification."

nxhappy

Established Member
100% scam. He wants it shipped so quickly because the paypal account is probably hacked and the funds will be placed on hold. when in doubt ask paypal to verify that way you are covered.

bingo

jbs$

Established Member
Scam, delete the email and move on. You will regret any other action that you may consider.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Confirmed called paypal they said if the money is not in my account then they did not send it and do not send the product.

These scammers are getting smarter rather than the cut paste nigeria emails
send him a tracking number

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So many red flags (grammar, spelling, links) within those emails that it just plain screams SCAM. Besides, were you even selling an Asus Transformer Infinity TF700? That alone screams a scam. A very stupid scam at that. By the way, you can forward scams like that to [email protected]. After forwarding it to PayPal, delete it from your computer, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread