Everything Bicycle Related

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This is one of the other 1977 Le Tour II's I used to have. The orange one I just got is my 4th. All the other ones were the "Violet" color, but I painted this one brown since it was pretty beat up.

View attachment 1814010

Looks great. You need a beige or creme grip tape and some cream sidewalls to make it pop.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Looks great. You need a beige or creme grip tape and some cream sidewalls to make it pop.
It's not clear in the picture, but the saddle had blue stitching so the blue bar tape was to go with that. That bike was a $60 purchase and I sold it for $350. We won't factor in what I spent fixing it up, because that ruins the fun.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A couple of Specialized Diverges, along with my wife's Bianchi Aria.

In 2021 my racing buddy and I rode across the USA on our Diverges. Started in Santa Monica and followed Route 66 faithfully all the way to Chicago. Picked up the Erie Canal bike trail from Niagara Falls to Albany NY, and on to MA where we finished the ride at my parents' house in Boston. My wife drove support in an RV and joined us for segments of the ride.

Pretty epic trip, lots of memories and a big item on my bucket list.

PXL_20210514_142403103.jpg

ajaf1656

Established Member
I got some work done on the new Schwinn. I cannibalized parts off of one of my other single speeds. These 700x32 tires should really help with the rougher parts of the greenbelt.

IMG_2001.jpeg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I had to switch my road bikes to 54 tooth big rings because I am now too strong for 52 tooth. These are expensive! ~$350 per bike.

s-l1600.png

I would like to add a 56 tooth on my time trial bike but cannot find the rings that I want. I can find 58s but I do not think that the chain geometry will work for me.

X-Carboring_EVO_52_x_110_DA9200.jpg

ajaf1656

Established Member
I had to switch my road bikes to 54 tooth big rings because I am now too strong for 52 tooth. These are expensive! ~$350 per bike.

s-l1600.png

I would like to add a 56 tooth on my time trial bike but cannot find the rings that I want. I can find 58s but I do not think that the chain geometry will work for me.

X-Carboring_EVO_52_x_110_DA9200.jpg
Damn dude... lol

Fitness Gym GIF

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
My first freestyle bike was a GT Vertigo. It had the stand-platform on the top tube. My mom flipped out when she saw me coming down the street standing up on the frame looking like Christ the Redeemer. Lol

I had a frankenstein GT - not sure what model it was. I got all the parts and put it together myself. It was a BMX bike not a freestyle bike. No front brake. No layback seat post. Blue tires. I crashed often because of lack of stopping power. It was awesome.

Morgan

Established Member
My first freestyle bike was a GT Vertigo. It had the stand-platform on the top tube. My mom flipped out when she saw me coming down the street standing up on the frame looking like Christ the Redeemer. Lol

I would do this too.

I tried, just once probably, moving a foot to the bars. Miraculously, I did not crash, but it seemed inevitable and I never tried again. #sosketch

ajaf1656

Established Member
I would do this too.

I tried, just once probably, moving a foot to the bars. Miraculously, I did not crash, but it seemed inevitable and I never tried again. #sosketch
Yeah, foot on the bars is sketchy. Haha

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
There's a trail near me that opened about 2 years ago that was basically a big circle. One half was pretty rocky, but doable and the other half was smooth for a fast pace. I only rode it once because my bike needed new sprockets (chain slipped when putting any effort in) and life just took over.

With my bike fixed, I decided yesterday was a good day to give it another shot because I heard they have since added more to it. I tried recreating how I first went around and holy mother f'ing shoot... The rocky side was way more rocky than before and riding a 26" hardtail didn't make it fun at all. I eventually made my way to the mid-point where the picture was taken and decided I should head back, but took a wrong turn and afterwards, checked my phone to see where I was and yeah, I was doing a new loop :ROFLMAO:

I decided to press on because it felt pretty smooth and sure enough, it was the fast pace trail. Ended up riding 7.2 miles and my ass was beat. Next time I head back, I'll avoid the rocks and just blaze the smooth section.
Bike.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread