everyone should go to ra in sept

kevin

hey all, yes we're trying to get as many r's together that we can. BUT EVERYONE OF YOU SHOULD BE THERE, WHETHER YOU OWN AN R OR NOT.
we plan on having a large paddock area.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Yea, and watch us in our own toe vehicle truck pull. Modulars vs pushrod's. :) Right Guys? :D

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
dean, just in case i get the brakes "upgraded" before then, would it be a good idea to take my car up too if they have an open spot on friday? (hypothetically, IF we got there and they had a spot w/ instructor) i mean, if brian can hit 135 thru the pits, i should do ok, shouldn't i?.....snicker snicker, tee hee

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by ragansrcobra99
dean, just in case i get the brakes "upgraded" before then, would it be a good idea to take my car up too if they have an open spot on friday? (hypothetically, IF we got there and they had a spot w/ instructor) i mean, if brian can hit 135 thru the pits, i should do ok, shouldn't i?.....snicker snicker, tee hee

Don't try that yourself, Steve. It takes a professional driver to hitt those speeds in the pits. :)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
brian, so you calling all those nice folks "running" around in the pits "speeds":rolling:

No, I mean it takes a professional to get up to 135mph thru the pits. Weaving in and out of the tow rigs and all. :D You will have to try it, Kevin. It really breaks up the waiting between sessions.

Brian

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
lmao brian, when i was active military on tanks, we called the guys on the ground "speed bumps"......

anyway, i'll probably get an auto x under my belt before i go, i'll know what i'll end up doing as it gets closer. either way i'll be up there.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by ragansrcobra99

That would be great. I would be surprised if they have any instructors available since they were very limited but you never know. If there aren't any instructors available, don't let that stop you from signing up. It's not a real technical track, just very fast. You will have plenty of people helping you. I'm not sure if you can sign up at RA or you have to pre-register.

I wouldn't let the brake deal stop you either. I went up with the stock brakes with Blues and it did great. I know you want to be prepared, but your car is fine the way it sits. I wouldn't try to set track records or anything but any time on the track will help you in the future. Just use your head and you'll be fine.

If you plan on running Friday, you might want to run on Sunday too. I would bring an extra set of pads though if you want to run both days. The blues that I gave you already have a couple of hard days on them. I will have an extra set of rotors if anyone needs them.

You will not be sorry even if you run only one day. It's a track that everyone has to run at least once. It will take a month just to wipe the smile off of your face. :D

Users who are viewing this thread