Ever feel that the sn95 group is like a brotherhood?

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
This is just me thinking out loud kinda but do you guys feel like the sn95 group of owners is a tighter bond than the other generations? I've owned 2 foxs and 2 sn's and everyone knows the fox reputation for racing , the new edges had the termi which was a god among men at the time but everyone forgets the car that introduced the mod motor into the mustang.The sn95. I guess What I'm getting at is everytime I see a clean sn95 I chase it down and talk to the owner as the same happenss to me sometimes. I see this a lot with the lightning pickups, just wanna hear your guys thoughts on it to see if I'm retarded or not:read:

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
Sn is probably my favorite its the only body style since the 67-70s that has the nice round flowing lines

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Stock form sn95's I think look the goofiest out of them all (which is probably why a lot of people dont like them), but a tastefully done-up sn95 definitely IMO can look the best.

When I had my Fox I definitely got a ton more thumbs up and random people talking to me about it than my cobra, but again my cobra is in all its stock glory.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
We're a tighter bond because we are the only one's that like them. The only people who like them are the people who own them lol.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
My 96 Cobra was sitting on the driveway a couple of weeks ago, and I had a guy ring my doorbell and beg me to name my price...

It's back in my garage. :)

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
We're a tighter bond because we are the only one's that like them. The only people who like them are the people who own them lol.

Your probably right, around me Its like everyone and their mother has a new edge and 1/2 of the owners are toolbags that can't change plugs and non of them take part in the local scene where as there's probably 10-15 sn's within a hour of me and we all know each other

laddanator

Established Member
I grew up in the Fox Body era and the 93 GT with the ground effects kit was the shit! With that said and as others have mention, a stock sn95 to me doesn't look the best but if you lower it, different hood, nice set of rims and side pipe covers, you can't beat a sn95 (especially a Mystic!)

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I think you are correct op. In my area there are few sn95 cars that are still nice, clean examples, and we have 2 that are modified a bit and, while not perfect, are pretty damn clean for the age. If I go to a show and see a 94-98 that's better than mine, I am glad to see it there and always go talk to the owner of it.

For me the looks of the car are as important as anythng, and I think ppl completely overlook the 94-98 a lot (which is a mistake) and give a lot of credit to 99-04 (which other than termi and mach1, has NOTHING going for it IMO)

As long as its a cobra and lowered, I can't stop looking at 94-98 cars. They look right from every angle when done nicely, which can't be said for ANY newer mustangs except maybe the specialty models.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Soooo many BOX bodys in the Detroit area. I don't see a lot of sn95 around here any more. People here go down south to find a clean sn95 now just like they did/do with the box body. I dropped my car off at team z & it was the only sn95 in the shop! Brotherhood? I don't know, maybe a cult or a little following lol.

brucesvt

Established Member
I guess the reason i love this body style so much is because its what i grew up with. When the 94 cobra came out i was 13 years old and since then i was hooked on this style. that and my father had a brand new 88 5.0 that got me hooked.

I think one of you guys mentioned it that this body style is like the red headed step child that gets over looked. But its true every time i go to the store i will get an older guy telling me "great sn95". its really a unique body style that cant be matched for many reasons

and yes we are a brother hood lol

mustang3X

Established Member
When this car first came out I hated it. Ran across a prototype one Saturday in Royal Oak area and couldn't believe it was the new mustang. There were 2 of them driven by Ford engineers. It was too "curvy" my friend and I said.

It is now my favorite late model mustang.

I love the lines, the coke bottle shape of the side really adds a lot of character and I think this shape will, and has, aged much better than the fox body or new edge.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on those mustangs. I've owned fox bodies and a few new edge (both cobra and GT) but today I'm lovin' the SN95

As far as brotherhood, we would all do well to consider ourselves the "mustang" brotherhood, once we start separating ourselves by body style the hobby becomes weaker.

Last edited:

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
well BROTHERS i still own a 84fox and thats what i grew up on .had an 82gt,83,84 rs caprisand a 88lx.and at first i didnt like the sn95 but then a bought a 94 5.0auto car and it was just a better car inside and handled better to.it won me over .and then this cobra now honeyhush!

Tickle

Established Member
I guess the reason i love this body style so much is because its what i grew up with. When the 94 cobra came out i was 13 years old and since then i was hooked on this style. that and my father had a brand new 88 5.0 that got me hooked.

Same thing for me. I was 14 when the sn95 came out, my dad had an 88.5 mustang gt. I was hooked. It only took me 16 years to get one! I've always favored 94-98s, always will. I'd still love to have a terminator or 13 gt but can't afford it right now.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Always loved the SN95's, probably partial b/c my 94 was my first car back in the day lol. I find it even more rare to find 94-95 owners around, we were definitely the bastard children haha. I agree with most that the stockers are usually pretty "eh", but a few tasteful mods and imo these cars are really neck-snappers (at least to me).

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
This is how I feel every time I see a well taken care of SN95:

smiling-dog.jpg

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I love the sn95's, but i'm becoming discouraged that just because my car has a Cobra badge on the side people assume its fast. lol, these cars are slow! Heck, factory family sedans such as a G37 would kill my car in a 1/4 mile.

Users who are viewing this thread