Ever been to a movie by yourself?

99GreenCobra

Established Member
I never have until last night. I always felt sorry for people that had nobody to go with. It was actually ok. We just moved to this town a few months ago, don't know that many people yet. Wife had to go out of town for biz and took the baby to drop off at her moms for a few days. Went to see Robocop because I really wanted to see it and my wife hates those kinds of movies.

All in all it was ok going alone. Not something I would do all the time because I would rather spend time with my family.

Kiohtee

Established Member
No. And I probably wouldn't just because of the stigma that surrounds doing that (and nobody wants to be seen that way).

Kiohtee

Established Member
See, I won't do anything public by myself. Maybe it's because I really am lonely and don't wanna be perceived as such. :lol:

jrandy

Established Member
Movies are so impersonal in my opinion anyway. Once it starts, you can't talk, or interact much with the person. My brother in law goes once a week to the movies by himself as my sister hates going.

I personally don't go to the movies much, but when I do I go with my wife or a group of people. I wouldn't have an issue going alone though.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
yup. i'm not insecure about being single. if i want to see a movie, i will. if i want to eat somewhere, i will. i see nothing wrong with going to places by myself. if there's a fight on, i will sit at the bar and chat it up with the bar tender while ordering food and getting myself drinks.

i know there's a stigma of people who see movies / go places by themselves, but like i said... if i really want to see a movie or go somewhere in general, someone elses' personal views won't stop me from seeing the movie or going.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Done it a few times and actually had a better experience doing it alone. Reasons are someone your with will usually have to give their roger and ebert review of how awesome or terrible it was.... going alone allows to just take it in

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Why not?

Who gives a **** about what anyone else thinks. Do what YOU want to do.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I never did when I was younger - but on occasion I will now - But only if it's something I really want to see and want to see in the theater, and it's not kid friendly and my wife has no interest and my buddies are tied up with family stuff. Last one I can remember was Looper, which was awesome and well worth it. I'm not going to let what other people might be thinking stop me from doing something I want to do - **** em.

Last edited:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
My uncle who is retired and is a HUGE movie buff(built a theater in his house) will go every Friday and catch a matinee of the big release that week. My Aunt hates the movies so I don't see anything wrong with it honestly.

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Forever_ccb20d_2356768.gif

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Cool responses. I never would have when I was single and lonely. Didn't like that stigma. Being happily married I could care less what people think now. Me and my wife spent most of our time together because we work from home. Usually if I need to get out I will go XC skiing or something like that. But like I said before I would rather do things as a family.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Yes, the last F&F and Batman. IDGAF, enjoyed both movies. I've never gone to a restaurant alone, seems weird to me.

Users who are viewing this thread