Ever been busted for running a o/r pipe?

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Not specifically an "O/R Pipe" ticket but I did get one for "Modified Muffler" on my 06 GT. I was running An O/R X and basically straight pipes for mufflers.

This was in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I love my o/r x-pipe and the SLP LM II mufflers welded in. :lol1:

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
No emissions, and never been pulled for exhaust.... I've ran cat-less exhausts on all of my cars, never been bothered.

I'm running an O/R H pipe to MAC dumps on my car right now, but it's not very loud at all, which I think helps me out a lot since it looks like there isn't any exhaust on the car from behind.

No emissions? Hard to believe if you really run in Fairfax County. How do you pass the emissions tests?

clean93

Established Member
Ive been busted in Maryland PG county once (rare) by some female cop. saying my mufflers were too loud and her partner was checking my car and making a fuss about my BFG drag radials saying my tread was too low. she let me go with a warning and told me to watch out because i could get a repair order for it. i have long tubes off road x pipe and a mac catback at the time. switched to mac dumps later

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
when i had them on i had a sheriff deputy pull me over and warn me that my exhaust was pretty loud and that chp might give me a ticket for it. he then went to ask how much hp and how fast is it blah blah blah lol.

its funny because a catless cobra still isnt even as close to as loud as your average modded harley :bored:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
lol in my county we dont have inspections but i have to watch were i move because the county where i work has e check and i dont feel like going through the hassle of switching out the mid pipe all the time.. i live in a farming community so everyone has diesels with stacks that are tuned and stuff so my little mustang doesnt get much trouble... benn starred down a few times but i think they were just checking out the car since there arent many cobras in my area..

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Gilby, where in OH are you located? I'm around Beavercreek and haven't been hassled. A guy that I work with has a GTO with a wicked cam, LT, O/R X and flows... thing is wicked loud. I don't think he's been hassled either.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Your states blow...

I'm sooooooo glad we don't have any sort of inspection shit here...

It sounds like you guys live in Nazi Germany

actually it still has nothing to do with your state, or where you live.

Its still a federal offense to remove factory smog equipment.

even going with high-flow cats is iffy, in CA you have to have a reason to remove the cats, be it a copy of a service reciept that states whomever (repair shop, test station, etc) called it off that it needed replacement. Most the time itll be a non-issue but if you cant provide proof that you didnt just arbitrarily remove perfectly good cats for high-flow units, i hope you bring lube.

After going to Fontana, CA for Nascar and driving through LA this weekend, its no surprise why CA has to have the smog regulations it does. 5 lane freeways galore, packed with cars and such. There really is way too many ****ing people in LA, ive driven down 5 but never "branched out" and saw the other parts of LA and holy jesus. I thought the heart of the bay area was a cluster****, it a small town compared to the LA basin.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
actually it still has nothing to do with your state, or where you live.

Its still a federal offense to remove factory smog equipment.

even going with high-flow cats is iffy, in CA you have to have a reason to remove the cats, be it a copy of a service reciept that states whomever (repair shop, test station, etc) called it off that it needed replacement. Most the time itll be a non-issue but if you cant provide proof that you didnt just arbitrarily remove perfectly good cats for high-flow units, i hope you bring lube.

After going to Fontana, CA for Nascar and driving through LA this weekend, its no surprise why CA has to have the smog regulations it does. 5 lane freeways galore, packed with cars and such. There really is way too many ****ing people in LA, ive driven down 5 but never "branched out" and saw the other parts of LA and holy jesus. I thought the heart of the bay area was a cluster****, it a small town compared to the LA basin.

Sure.. its a federal law....

But there's no locals enforcing it...

My car is ungodly loud... and no one even asks about the exhaust when I get pulled over for NO FRONT PLATE :fm:

Cali can still suck my smoothly shaven sack

Exactly, I have never once been pulled over for loud exhaust, but multiple times for no front plate. What a stupid law. Around here, no shop can remove your cats, but if you do and they check, as long as you have mufflers, you are fine. I only have mufflers, LM1's, and never get anything said to me, even with an O/R X.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Don't know where in Jersey you live but stay away from Bergen County, they are ****ing cracking down hard on that. There are inspection truck sopt setup in the most random places.

It's illegal in our state btw. Totally not worth it and the car smells pretty bad without them anyway. Just get some high flow cats if you want it louder....

It's illegal everywhere Mike.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I ran SLP o/r x and SLP lm1's on my GT that i totaled and it would pass inspection just fine, never got pulled over for that

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
We have Bergen County Policy and Bergen County Sheriff so all the County does is focus on traffic violations and inspections. They have been killing people with anything they can possibly write you up for. No mercy, county cops here will give their mothers a ticket if they stopped them.

Interesting. I haven't had any problems and lyndhurst is literally CRAWLING with cops.

they never had a problem with my catless cobra or my front plateless 911.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Sure.. its a federal law....

But there's no locals enforcing it...

My car is ungodly loud... and no one even asks about the exhaust when I get pulled over for NO FRONT PLATE :fm:

Cali can still suck my smoothly shaven sack

That just means your local enforcers are incompetent.

Just dont piss them off or they might throw the book at you...

Users who are viewing this thread