EVENT: EFA vs MACA Shootout, Aug 5th!!!

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Excellent sounds good... so you guys are meeting up at the track no later than 8:30... anyone meeting up for breakfast? Sorry I havent had the time to read thru all 9 pages of posts yet I just found out about the event on tuesday! Fill me in and i'll be glad to meet up local for some a.m. chow. Thanks!

Tony ;)

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Superunatural said:
Thanks guys for being apart of a fun event. There were alot of good cars there and hopefully we can do this again somethime.

even though I never made it past 15-feet, it was definitely awesome hanging out with others and having the track to ourselves. definitely lets plan this again. hopefully I won't break.:cuss:

chevyman22

Established Member
Thanks alot guys! It was an awesome event and nice to meet some of you. It was definitly an awesome group of cars from your group. You showed in force also which is greatly appreciated. Look for this again next year. It is nice to be able to go the the track and get a dozen passes in. For those who couldn't make it talk to some who did. Maybe next year we can do even better. THANKS again!!!!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Yeah it was pretty fun. Would of been more fun if I actually got to race some F-bodies. But its all good, the car wasn't up to full potential due to lack of track prep.

Later

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
Yeah it was pretty fun. Would of been more fun if I actually got to race some F-bodies. But its all good, the car wasn't up to full potential due to lack of track prep.

Later

I'm not sure if it was the lack of prep or the 140* track temps.:eek:

Turned out to be a fun, no pressure event for me as nobody else showed up for the 10.50 index. Had 2 cars come over from the 12.50 index just to make a race out of it. Was good practice for next weekends NMRA event with the pro tree and this heat.

Here are my times, took 1* of timing out of my blower only race tune to avoid going faster then 10.50. Not sure what the DA was at MIR yesterday but it was hot...

Test session

1.566 60'
4.496 330'
6.851 1/8
102.38 mph
8.897 1000'

10.65 w/ a 3

First Rd elimanations(3 car field, bye run)

1.560 60'
4.474 330'
6.836 1/8
103.79 mph
8.892 1000'

10.65 w/ a 0

Finals (round robin format, no cool down)

1.568 60'
4.499 330'
6.895 1/8
102.14 mph
8.983 1000'

10.731 @ 128.73

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
It was a fun event! A big thanks to all that were involved in putting this on!! I'd like to see this become a yearly event! One suggestion would be to have this in September if possible the humidity & 90+ temps kind of wear on you.

Since I don't know any better I stayed for the regular bracket racing later on that afternoon. Got knocked out in the 2nd round...again....:cryying:

Venimus03

Established Member
Nice to see everyone out there yesterday, I'm glad I decided to race, had a great time. Got about 6 passes in total, 3 of which I could not hook up at all and got some nice 2.0 sixties. The car was running 120-121mph in the 1/4 and 94-95mph in the 1/8. So then I decided to pack my IC res full of ice to see if it would help out the car at all. Probably put about 15lbs worth of ice through it so the fluid was nice and cold. And the results were a new PB for me :)

60'........1.789
1/8........7.511
MPH.......97.11
1/4.........11.553
MPH........123.28

I was really surprised was not expecting that at all with this August weather. Now I just need to ditch the nittos and get some stickier tires and shoot for some low 11's......

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Antex said:
It was a fun event! A big thanks to all that were involved in putting this on!! I'd like to see this become a yearly event! One suggestion would be to have this in September if possible the humidity & 90+ temps kind of wear on you.

Since I don't know any better I stayed for the regular bracket racing later on that afternoon. Got knocked out in the 2nd round...again....:cryying:

Matt, we are actually working on setting this up again for this october....so you'll get your wish soon.

Was anyone else impressed with that notchback fox that drove in from Morgantown, clicked off a couple of 9 second passes on 17" DR's, then drove home????:bowdown:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Matt, we are actually working on setting this up again for this october....so you'll get your wish soon.

Was anyone else impressed with that notchback fox that drove in from Morgantown, clicked off a couple of 9 second passes on 17" DR's, then drove home????:bowdown:

Absolutely, I've heard about this car before, just never saw it run.

Congrats Richie, very good run....:beer:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:

That car was awesome, Brian was his name. 402 F2 Procharged, he was running 273's in the rear. Imagine a set of 430's in that rear....:rockon:

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:

Looking forward to it! Remember there are 2 big Ford events in October, Ford Fever Classic@MIR Oct 21-22nd & The Reunion@Maple Grove Oct 28-28th.

Yep that is Brian - I see him at Capitol Raceway a lot. Good Guy with a badass procharger!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
FISHTAIL said:
What was the final MACA/NVMC participation numbers for the shootout on Saturday?

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
Antex said:
Looking forward to it! Remember there are 2 big Ford events in October, Ford Fever Classic@MIR Oct 21-22nd & The Reunion@Maple Grove Oct 28-28th.

Yep that is Brian - I see him at Capitol Raceway a lot. Good Guy with a badass procharger!

That would be tough to make 3 events in the same month, especially if it was at MIR.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Antex said:

Yeah I know, but we don't have any control over that date. EFA already had a track rental for whenever it is(I'll get the details soon) and Moose wants to make it another one of these events because he had so much fun.

Dwight..you know, I didn't count. I should have, but I'd bet there were 30 of us anyway. Too bad you couldn't make it out, it was a pretty good time.

Venimus03

Established Member
FISHTAIL said:

Yeah that notchack is badass. I saw that thing run for the first time at a midnight madness at MIR about two months ago and when I first saw it line up just thought it was going to be a 13sec fox, boy was I wrong. That thing hauls some ass:rockon: .

Camaro SS

9 Second Club
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Yeah I know, but we don't have any control over that date. EFA already had a track rental for whenever it is(I'll get the details soon) and Moose wants to make it another one of these events because he had so much fun.
The EFA date is Sept 23rd.

Dwight, are you still planning on having a MACA/SCS track rental at Mason Dixon on Sept 16th?

Users who are viewing this thread