even cooling mod gen 2

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I saw on Even Cooling flows web page the other day that there is now a gen 2 kit that is designed so that the blower DOES NOT have to come off. I know that the original kit can be done with out too but it will be that much easier. I am mechnically inclined and know what im doing, i have tools to do the job but if i dont have to pull the blower i dont want to. does anyone have any pics, info, details of this kit? their site simply shows the kit on a table and says that you dont need to remove the blower. the kit does look slightly different but i was curious if there is any draw back to the kit.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
This isn't the Cobra, but shows the fitting in the head of my '03 Aviator. I had to remove the intake to do this on my truck - there was no way I could do it with the intake on. If I were to add it to my Cobra, I would have to remove a lot of "stuff" to get that freeze plug out. In the end, may be worth it to lift the blower out and save the headache.

3_Fitting_in_head.jpg

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
but is that the Gen 1 or 2 in your pic? that looks like 1 to me. and yea im sure it will be alot easier rather that getting pissed off at trying to flat rate it thats why im hoping that the gen 2 has some new trick

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I dont see how or why you want to attempt to get that freeze plug out with everything in the way....ive done 2 of my cobras and i would never even attempt it without the blower removed

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
honestly its pure lazyness. i work on cars all day long and then 3-4 nights out of the week i do side jobs on cars where i wont get home til 9:30 at night. so if i can save myself 2 hours not pulling the supercharger then ill do it

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I got the same kit but I probably wouldnt do it with the blower on. I'm getting my blower ported so I'm gonna do it while the blower is off anyways. I believe there are members who have said it wasn't to bad to do with the blower still on the car.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
well i guess ill take a closer look when i finally take the car out of the trailer to finish up my sra swap and make my mind up then.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I`ve done them with the blower on, just a little less room to work.
Two things to keep in mind.
1. Hit the freeze plug at around the 9:00 position when standing on the drivers fender.
2. Watch where the big wire harness lays near the EGR tube.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Can just the blower itself (i.e., just the "upper" intake manifold) come out or does the entire intake have to come out?

I suppose if you un-hook all the vacuum lines and the bracket and then move the wiring harness out of the way, it is possible. If you slip when tapping down on the edge of that freeze-plug, it will sink and then it will be a real pain to do the job!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Which cooling mod is better? Isn't there one that really only easy to install with the tranny out?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
that one kinda looks like a pain in the ass to do yet it does look more OE

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
that one kinda looks like a pain in the ass to do yet it does look more OE

Should be very easy if tranny is coming out for service though. Hopefully not for a long time, but it would be nice to get some type of head cooling mod done.

Users who are viewing this thread