Evap delete??

Josh7178

Established Member
I recently bought a return style fuel system from on3 performance. I know there are a lot of on3 haters but for the money, it's the best system in my opinion. The triple fuel hat looks great as well as the 03/04 sytle tank.

Anyways, when I dropped the tank from my 99 and started switching some stuff to the new tank I accidentlly broke one of the nipples off the big blue evap canister. I've heard of people deleting the evap system all together but am unsure if I want to go that route or just bite the bullet and buy a new/used canister.

I assume to complete the delete I would need to plug off the lines from the car that went to the canisters and either block off the holes on the new tank with something or weld them closed. I'm also under the assumption that I would have to vent the tank somehow.

Had anyone ever done this? If so please chime in. What are the pros/cons of deleting this? I called the tuner today and he said it shouldn't cause any tuning issues.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BMR Tech

My evap delete made my smoke on start-up go away. I know, weird, but it did...

There are a few in/outs on the OEM set-up. Cap off the ones that have valves. There should be one that you can blow through (no valve) and that is the one you want to use as a vent. It is very simple.

I have my vent routed up to the fuel fill compartment.

Have fun!

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
My evap delete made my smoke on start-up go away. I know, weird, but it did...

There are a few in/outs on the OEM set-up. Cap off the ones that have valves. There should be one that you can blow through (no valve) and that is the one you want to use as a vent. It is very simple.

I have my vent routed up to the fuel fill compartment.

Have fun!

Any pics to help explain... Id like to delete mine too

BMR Tech

Sorry, no pics.

It's as easy as...blow through all fitting/openings on the tank. The ones that wont allow air through, cap them. The ONE that allows air, run a hose from it as a vent.. lol

jblood37

Established Member
Sorry, no pics.

It's as easy as...blow through all fitting/openings on the tank. The ones that wont allow air through, cap them. The ONE that allows air, run a hose from it as a vent.. lol

I know this isn't my thread, but thanks. I'll be doing this soon.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Sorry, no pics.

I will try it out. I post later with a pic for future reference. Any added fuel smell in the garage?

Users who are viewing this thread