Euro 2009 Focus RS

blksn8k

Established Member
If you have not seen this car it is truly amazing! How do we convince Ford to bring the Focus RS here? Maybe we could flood Ford and/or SVT with emails asking - no demanding - that they give us a chance to own this car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qmcuP_CqU0&feature=related]YouTube - Ford Focus RS 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdAGKNogdAw]YouTube - New Focus RS 2009 on 5th Gear!![/ame]

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
It is awesome, but if I was spending ~$35K, there are a lot of cars it would have to compete with to end up in my garage!

Stevarino8

Established Member
Therte is some talk that the RS may be State side in three years or so. The reason being its success in Europe and Ford needs to eliminate duplication costs for its Move Forward program! It will proabaly be a watered down version but better than the past SVT Focuses.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
RS = 0-60 in 5.9 seconds? Waht am i missing? Lightweight with 300hp should be faster than that.

blksn8k

Established Member
Here's the email address for the director of Ford Racing, Brian Wolfe. I think he might have some influence over SVT. This is really intended as a place to ask questions about Ford's racing programs but I think he would be more than happy to pass our demands on up the ladder or at least give us a better contact. [email protected]

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
RS = 0-60 in 5.9 seconds? Waht am i missing? Lightweight with 300hp should be faster than that.

0-60 is not what this car is about, Read this article.

Are You Stig Enough? - Top Gear US

Seriously, if you want 0-60 and 1/4 mile times you need a Cobra. The RS is for windy roads and road courses.

I have nothing against Mustangs but if you parked that RS and a GT500 in front of me and said I could have either one I'd be driving home in the RS. :beer:

93ReefNotch

Established Member

The problem is since Ford only gave it FWD they limited the amount of torque put to the ground in first and second gears. With a tune and this torque limiting shenanigans turned off I wonder how much it would pick up 0-60. However, if you put some ticky tires on the front you would probably be left with broken drivetrain parts. It really is unfortunate that Ford did not give the new RS AWD. If they brought it over and tried to price it in the mid 30's it really wouldn't be a performance bargain and I would be looking else where. They need to price it around the Mazdaspeed 3 ($25k), then I would be looking at buying one.

Last edited:

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
The problem is since Ford only gave it FWD they limited the amount of torque put to the ground in first and second gears. With a tune and this torque limiting shenanigans turned off I wonder how much it would pick up 0-60. However, if you put some ticky tires on the front you would probably be left with broken drivetrain parts. It really is unfortunate that Ford did not give the new RS AWD. If they brought it over and tried to price it in the mid 30's it really wouldn't be a performance bargain and I would be looking else where. They need to price it around the Mazdaspeed 3 ($25k), then I would be looking at buying one.

have any sources for this bull shit info your spewing out there?

93ReefNotch

Established Member
have any sources for this bull shit info your spewing out there?

It not uncommon for high performance FWD vehicles to limit power in the first two gears. The MAZDASPEED3 limits boost in first and second gear depending on what gear you are in and what the steering angle is. Just like I mentioned above the Focus RS limits power as well in the first two gears to save the drivetrain components and limit wheel spin/torque steer. I'll even supply you with some quotes and sources on my "bull shit" info... :rollseyes

Focus RS
The RS could probably run the 0-62mph dash even faster than claimed 5.9sec, too. To protect the new transmission from heavy loads in first gear, the ECU limits torque to 265lb ft, and even though it comes good in second, there's still a few lb ft trimmed away - only in third is the full toy-cupboard available.

- Driver's Republic - Prize Fight 042 (last paragraph)

MAZDASPEED3
To limit wheelslip, boost in the first gear will be limited to produce a maximum of 230 hp (170 kW). Boost is also limited in second gear. The amount of boost reduction is determined by the gear selection and steering angle. There is no reduction of boost in gears above second.
- [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazdaspeed3]Mazdaspeed3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
:lol::lol::lol:

you gotta be kidding me!

No I'm not, I have nothing but respect for Cobras and honestly my best customers are probably the Terminator guys.

But it's not my kind of car.

I've owned big fast cars and I've grown to really like smaller lighter more nimble cars.

Check out this video, I know nothing about the white Terminator so assume it's stock. The SVT Focus the video was shot from had a non big boost JRSC blower on it so it was about 200whp when the video was shot, the guy is a member on Focaljet.

[ame=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/FORDSVTPARTS/?action=view&current=TheEqulizer2_250.flv]SVTF vs Cobra video by FORDSVTPARTS - Photobucket[/ame]

The Terminator destroyed the Focus on the straights but the SVTF was almost pushing him through the turns.

I'm not saying one car is better than another, it's all just a matter of personal preference.

I'll stand by my statement, give me the option and I'll take the new RS in a heartbeat :beer:

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^^^^^to add to that the Focus RS has run faster times on the open road courses than the Ford GT. I want one as well. I would consider gettting rid of my Cobra for an RS.

Little_SVT_Man

Established Member
19123IMG00143-20090503-2022-med.gif

photo2ofrs.gif

Not my photos but you get the picture. Just watching the video makes me miss my SVTF even more during the summer as I just recently picked up an 03 Cobra around March. The SVTF is now my winter daily.

Users who are viewing this thread