Eulogy for my Dad

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. Wish I knew the words to make the hurt stop. My inbox is open if you need someone to talk nonsense with.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
@Klaus, I'm thinking of ya. Losing a parent sucks. No other way to put it. It's been 9 years since I lost my mom, which was very quick.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Sorry about losing your dad. Sounds like you've gone through a lot with family health issues and I know it's really difficult watching family decline with age. Sounds like you did right by them and that's the best you can do.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry about losing your dad. Sounds like you've gone through a lot with family health issues and I know it's really difficult watching family decline with age. Sounds like you did right by them and that's the best you can do.

Thanks, man. A little more venting. Before my dad and my aunt I was dealing with a similar situation with my stepmom. She had parkinsons and fell in the middle of COVID. She ended up in a nursing home for a couple of months and my dad could not visit her. It was very tough on him.

My dad tried to take care of her when she was discharged but it was clear that he was not up to the task. I brought in home health aids twice a day. She was soon immobile and I had to convert their bedroom into a hospital room with lift, hospital bed, the whole 9 yards.

Eventually I put her in home hospice, which lasted for 18 months. I kept waiting for her to die but she never did. Watching all of this happen before his eyes is what ultimately killed my dad.

The worst of it is that I have two step siblings and these ****ers did absolutely nothing. My dad was obviously a bit reluctant to put his wife in hospice so I had to coordinate an entire theatre around the decision, with a meeting between all the children, him and the hospice nurse to get him on board. In the middle of the meeting my **** step sister got up and left because her feelings got hurt. She was no help with her own mom, nor with my dad and did not give him the time of day as he withered away in loneliness.

I hope she dies after a long drawn out battle with bone cancer.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Endless stories like ^^ this one. Its strange to me how siblings can be soooooooo different in the same family.

Ive seen this with my own, as my grandmother passed. 3 sisters (my mother and her 2 siblings) -- 2 of them did absolutely 0 while my mom shouldered the whole burden. Then those 2 idiots wanted to critique every move my mom made while SHE WAS DOING ALL THE WORK.

Lmao. Special place in hell for folks like that IMO!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Endless stories like ^^ this one. Its strange to me how siblings can be soooooooo different in the same family.

Ive seen this with my own, as my grandmother passed. 3 sisters (my mother and her 2 siblings) -- 2 of them did absolutely 0 while my mom shouldered the whole burden. Then those 2 idiots wanted to critique every move my mom made while SHE WAS DOING ALL THE WORK.

Lmao. Special place in hell for folks like that IMO!
Ran into the same deal with my MIL. She had family spread all over the country. We had been dealing with her health issues for 10+ years. One of her sisters came in from out of town (first time in three years) and immediately started critiquing what we were doing. Except, she spoke to my wife when I conveniently wasn't there. She had stage 4 lung cancer and I was having to give her morphine regularly (hospice care). She piped up and wondered why we were giving her morphine and did she really need that. Wife called me in tears, and I immediately called sister and let her know that we had been taking care of her for over ten years and had it all under control and that she was more than welcome to move down here and watch her be in pain without the morphine. She passed away about 5 days after that.

Her mom's family was/is a real piece of work, including splitting the grandmother's estate (she outlived my MIL by over ten years) among the LIVING siblings (3/7 had already died). Needless to say, that left a bad taste in a number of people's mouth, never mind that my MIL had taken care of her mom for many years while the rest of the siblings moved 1000's of miles away. They even sold the house to one of the grandkids for maybe 50% of its value without telling anyone.

C2tuck

Established Member
Sorry for your loss Klaus.

The wife and I have been there through much of the same with her father. The two of them had a strained relationship for years, so I never really knew the man.

I am grateful for the couple of years that I got to be around him while helping take care of him, getting to really know him. I’m really grateful that they got to mend their relationship before he passed. I know it meant a lot to the wife, even though it was a struggle at first taking care of him. He’s been gone two years this November and we are still fighting with family over some of his estate.

Reading your eulogy makes me sad in a different way than most..it makes me sad that my dad is such a piece of shit and makes me wish I had that kind of relationship you did with your dad.

I guess I’m a man because his ass has been dead to me for the last 10 years.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Thanks, man. A little more venting. Before my dad and my aunt I was dealing with a similar situation with my stepmom. She had parkinsons and fell in the middle of COVID. She ended up in a nursing home for a couple of months and my dad could not visit her. It was very tough on him.

My dad tried to take care of her when she was discharged but it was clear that he was not up to the task. I brought in home health aids twice a day. She was soon immobile and I had to convert their bedroom into a hospital room with lift, hospital bed, the whole 9 yards.

Eventually I put her in home hospice, which lasted for 18 months. I kept waiting for her to die but she never did. Watching all of this happen before his eyes is what ultimately killed my dad.

The worst of it is that I have two step siblings and these ****ers did absolutely nothing. My dad was obviously a bit reluctant to put his wife in hospice so I had to coordinate an entire theatre around the decision, with a meeting between all the children, him and the hospice nurse to get him on board. In the middle of the meeting my **** step sister got up and left because her feelings got hurt. She was no help with her own mom, nor with my dad and did not give him the time of day as he withered away in loneliness.

I hope she dies after a long drawn out battle with bone cancer.
That's messed up! No wonder the world is such a mess, people are so selfish. Plus they have no problem telling people how and what to do when they themselves do nothing. The insane Covid protocols keeping family away from each other in these situations while the state/federal "representatives" were out doing whatever they wanted. I know the struggle and I respect you and what you did!

I'm helping my mom take care of my dad right now. He is bedridden at their house thankfully just a couple blocks from me. I'm doing some remodeling now so that I can move them in with me.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I wish I knew this feeling.. I do.

I can’t wait til mine go. I see things like this where people “ are not looking forward to “ .. or how the speeches get to them . Cause they have parents they love. Nah… if mine could croak and the stupid shit would stop. It’d be great.

Idk.. just wish I knew that feeling.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like everyone is losing a parent this September. Sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread