ET Street vs ET Street radials.

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
I am new to the tire scene.... I knew i could get some good info here.
I plan on purchesing some tires in the near future, my questions are

1) Which tire will hook better, Track and street.
2) Amount of miles they will take.
3) Which is more half shaft friendly.

That is all my questions, I might have more but thats all i can remember.:beer:

chris01svtjlpe

Established Member
the et streets will be better for the track/lauching. but it all depends on what type of milage u plan on putting on them. if its an everyday driven vehicle i would go with the drag radials. i have drag radials on my truck and they hook up pretty good when i take it out on the weekends and im pushing over 500rwhp now.:rockon:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Jasper, you probably don't want to drive the ET Streets around on the street on a regular basis. I drove mine to the track, raced on em, and drove back home, and that was about it. Really not designed for extensive street use, but they are far superior to the MT drag radials at the track. The MT drag radials are pretty darn good street tires, but will usually only last you 10,000 to 12,000 miles, (depending on how you use them!!!).

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
The Et Street Radial will hook harder on the street from my opinion. The ET Street will work better at the track and be 1 million times easier on your halfshafts.

for reference, I just went 50k miles on stock halfshafts, about 200 track passes running an ET street style tire. I swapped to a ET Street radials and got 3 passes before I snapped a halfshaft.

Went back to the track yesterday launching the car harder than ever with ET Streets, and had no issues.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Jasper, you probably don't want to drive the ET Streets around on the street on a regular basis. I drove mine to the track, raced on em, and drove back home, and that was about it. Really not designed for extensive street use, but they are far superior to the MT drag radials at the track. The MT drag radials are pretty darn good street tires, but will usually only last you 10,000 to 12,000 miles, (depending on how you use them!!!).

The Et Street Radial will hook harder on the street from my opinion. The ET Street will work better at the track and be 1 million times easier on your halfshafts.

for reference, I just went 50k miles on stock halfshafts, about 200 track passes running an ET street style tire. I swapped to a ET Street radials and got 3 passes before I snapped a halfshaft.

Went back to the track yesterday launching the car harder than ever with ET Streets, and had no issues.

Well said guys...the reason I run the soft sidewall MT ET Streets only at the track!...4500rpm dump! Next time maybe 5,000

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
for running on a extra set of rims like you want to do the dr's will be fine. You never go to the track and run so the et streets wont get used to there full advantage

GodStang

Established Member

Yes Yes Yes. I have both and they sumed it up.

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1815.jpg

DSCN1818.jpg

Brutal Metal

Established Member

That's a testimony that a softer sidewall is essential at the Dragstrip when launching hard, this is important info here! I'll be running full slicks or ET streets at the track, if I do run radials I won't launch hard!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread