ET Street Radials.

Stanger00

Established Member
You have your suspension set up backwards. Put the rear shocks on full soft and the fronts on their stiffest setting. Adjust from there until you have it dialed in.

Rear end squat is wasting energy that could be used to move the car forward. Rear shocks at their stiffest setting and struts on their softest and then adjust to suit the track.

Tim Comer

Established Member
What would really be nice if someone came up with a way to gain control of the A6. But I guess that ain't gonna happen. If it spins, it shifts. Regardless of RPM. Manually shifting is iffy also. I've been told countless times that traction is the only cure for my problem. I really like the M/T Radial Pro. But it's not for street use. I got stopped at a DUI checkpoint coming home. I'd hate to think what would happen if they spotted those tires on the car. The car seems to launch great, but my 60 foot times has me thinking it may be spinning then. It had 2.1 60 foot times stock. 2.0 the first time out with the supercharger, but the track was awful that day. 1.9 with a better track. I need traction. And I've been told a 15" tire is the only way I'm gonna get there.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I don't see how those tires can be so bad that your car is down shifting at the track... I have a pair of 305/45/18 Nitto 555r's on 9.5" rim that I was going to run as my street tires. Even those tire have cut 1.68 60's at the track, and they are not a good DR...
Maybe your tune needs some fine tuning to keep from down shifting back & forth. I leave the traction control on & let it pedal the car on the street, but it doesn't down shift back & forth... I keep TC on at the track too. Did you shut it off?

Tim Comer

Established Member
Traction control is kinda iffy anymore. It's there, just doesn't kick in fast enough to prevent the shifting when the tires break loose. There is no cure for the way the A6 shifts. Nature of the beast. Trust me, I've looked. There was even a 2013 GT 500 there that night trying to break into the 11s. Didn't do it. Still on stock wheels and spinning. A lot of Mustangs there that night. The fast ones all had 15 inch tires on the rear. That's when it hit me in the head I was fighting a losing battle with these 18s.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
My tuner swears by TC... He runs 9.60' & 9.50's with a Roush TVS & a shot of nitrous. Cuts 1.45 60' times on 305/35/20" Mickey's on the same stock suspension I run... His car looks like a 12 second car! Lol!

How was the track prep? Was there a lot of street tired cars? Not enough slick tired cars going down the track?

Last edited:

Tim Comer

Established Member
They had cars down in the 8 second range and several in the 9 second range. OK, lets back up a bit. Does anybody think I can get my car to hook with a 15x8" rim and the 275/60R15 M/T ET Street Radial?

Last edited:

zemog255

Established Member
That's the exact setup I run now. If you can't get that to hook, the car or track is having major issues.

Roushcornfed

Established Member
Simple answer yes. I bought that setup took it to the track one time and made 2 runs at 10.7 and 10.6 full weight over 3900 pounds stock 3.15s. I was wondering the same thing you were before I tried it. 1.63 60 foot but I still have 85mm pulley on the roush so I loose a tad there. I will go back to the track in the fall. Before my best was 1.88 60 foot on street tires and stock 19 in h wheels. Car is lowered on steeda springs which makes it even tougher to 60 foot im told. The 28 inch tire on 3.15s set to shift at 7500 shifts at 130.5mph exactly. So unless you trap over that mph you will hold 3rd which is what my goal was and it worked. Shifted right at the line to 4th. My track is not known for the best traction at all.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Of course you can hook an A6 on a 275/60 on an 8" rim!

I'm a lil old school, but now the more I see them they look a little balloony... The 275/50 on a 10" rim and a 26" front look a little better. But that's just my opinion...

The 18" sleeper look has grown on me! Lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Tim Comer

Established Member
Thanks for the info! When the converter goes in these tires will only get worse. If I had to use a 10" rim I would, but I don't want to if I can avoid it. I'll just use these tires for the strip. I still love my 18" Bullitt rims. They do pretty darn good on the street. Just gotta watch what you do.

Last edited:

Tim Comer

Established Member
Help is on the way. I just got off the phone with Beefcake and he is setting me up with some 15x8 Racestars and the 275/60R15 M/T Pros. I was worried about driving on the street with them, but he says he does it all the time. I even ordered the Torque Booster kit. That and the converter should wake up my 60 foot times.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
I run nitto 275/60/15 extreme drag radials that a lot of people on here hate but I have had great luck with and were cheap.$279 for pair .mounted on weld s77 15x9.5.

Users who are viewing this thread