Estimated value?

CGoeschel

Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
I would kill for a clean teal 93 Cobra for 7K. :(

Just got mine with 69,000 miles ultra clean black interior and great exterior for 9200.00! :rockon:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Im going to call Ford and find out how many were built with no options. Mine seems to have no options on it. I would think that would make it more rare as most were built with at least some options. Do you know what options were offered? On a side note I think I found the person that originally ordered the car from Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. He was the PDI tech at the dealership at the time. Now he works at a local speed shop and recognized the car. He said the one he ordered had no options. When I told him the history of the car he was almost certain that my car was the one he ordered back in '93.

Mine too has no options on it and was bought at the same dealer as your car was.

The options that were offered were,rear window defroster,sunroof,power seat,block heater,leather seats,CD player.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Wow our cars are basically the same car with only 4 cars built between ours.

CGoeschel

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
Mine too has no options on it and was bought at the same dealer as your car was.

The options that were offered were,rear window defroster,sunroof,power seat,block heater,leather seats,CD player.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Wow our cars are basically the same car with only 4 cars built between ours.

Looks like Gaudin Ford ordered them that way for a reason I guess!
Well I dont have any of those options you listed and Im not sure about the stereo since the car now has an aftermarket Sony cd stereo head unit in it, but Im assuming that it had the stock radio as well.

Last edited:

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
I agree, I'll always choose a cobra over any other body/model. Not even in the same league IMO. I like clean LX's a lot, but hands down, cobra.

A fox is a fox. Most mustangs are modified. No difference between them.

If someone wants to keep one all stock and mint with no miles it might bring in some money years down the road... But just as the clone Chevelle "SS" cars are out there... they bring in damn good money right now if it is done nice. Why? because the body is the same.

A true numbers matching stock Chevelle SS will bring in more money but only to a collector. Same will go for the Cobra's. My Current 90 GT is worth more money than my 97 Cobra. Why? Because it's mint, low mileage, and built right with good performance parts front to back and reason #1 higher demand for Fox Bodies

:-D

Last edited:

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
OldSkoolMC said:
A fox is a fox. Most mustangs are modified. No difference between them.

If someone wants to keep one all stock and mint with no miles it might bring in some money years down the road... But just as the clone Chevelle "SS" cars are out there... they bring in damn good money right now if it is done nice. Why? because the body is the same.

A true numbers matching stock Chevelle SS will bring in more money but only to a collector. Same will go for the Cobra's. My Current 90 GT is worth more money than my 97 Cobra. Why? Because it's mint, low mileage, and built right with good performance parts front to back and reason #1 higher demand for Fox Bodies

:-D

I Agree, that Most cars will bring more $$$ unmolested with low miles, thats a no Brainer. What I don't get is MOD for MOD a mint 90's GT, LX or Notch is Getting the same Coin as a Mint 93 Cobra Modded, that was more money brand new from the Factory. Is 1 of 4993, not 1 of 300,000 like the others.
Thats Like saying a Modded 03 GT is worth as much as a Modded 03 Cobra... I dont think so.
I'm not trying to get anybody fired up, But Bone stock or not a Limited Production Cobra of any sort SHOULD be worth more then its other Mustang Siblings of the same years... IMO :shrug:

Last edited:

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
I bought my Cobra as a roller for 4k, I couldnt at the time afford a complete cobra and I have the most fun with my cars while I am working on them so I bought it and dont regret it at all.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Kabuki_notch said:
I bought my Cobra as a roller for 4k, I couldnt at the time afford a complete cobra and I have the most fun with my cars while I am working on them so I bought it and dont regret it at all.

Looks Damn Good too :rockon:

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
93 sssSVT said:
I Agree, that Most cars will bring more $$$ unmolested with low miles, thats a no Brainer. What I don't get is MOD for MOD a mint 90's GT, LX or Notch is Getting the same Coin as a Mint 93 Cobra Modded, that was more money brand new from the Factory. Is 1 of 4993, not 1 of 300,000 like the others.
Thats Like saying a Modded 03 GT is worth as much as a Modded 03 Cobra... I dont think so.
I'm not trying to get anybody fired up, But Bone stock or not a Limited Production Cobra of any sort SHOULD be worth more then its other Mustang Siblings of the same years... IMO :shrug:

There are many reasons the prices are about the same. One reason is because there are many many modified cars out there. The supply and demand is different too. The production number game only goes so far... true there maybe have been many more LX and GT's made... but how many of them are still on the road today and are truly mint or in really nice shape? Not many. Many have been made into race cars or were just used as daily driver cars that have gone to the way side(bone yards).

I'll use a current Example and we'll say all cars are MINT/100% rust/ding free.

Person "A" is selling a 93 Cobra with say... gears, supercharger, exhaust with 70k on the clock and was repainted.

Person "B" is selling a 89-92 GT or LX with say Heads, cam, intake, roller rockers, valve covers, gears...etc etc Factory paint 100% mint - 25k on the clock.

Person "C" is selling a bone stock 93 cobra with 10k on it. Factory paint - 100% mint.

These cars can easily all go for the same price. Mileage plays a big part as well to many people.

Types of buyers that would look at these cars:

1) Collector
2) Guy who likes Mustangs don't care about mods.
3) Guys who only want cobra's and don't care if there are mods.

The purchases:

1) No doubt a collector is going to buy car "C". Stock low mileage car and would be willing to pay a premium. Car may end up being worth a lot of money YEARS down the road and much more that car "A" or "B". If at a certain time they want to sell the car... who's going to buy it??? Another Collector

2) Guy who likes Mustangs don't care about mods... will be willing to pay a good buck on car "B". The value of this car will go up but it will also depend on the condition of the car...YEARS down the road. It will still be a Fox body and still have a lot of attention from Mustang lovers. If the car is in great shape down the road and he wants to sell he will more than likely make his money back on investment but won't make any huge gains on it but more than likely will not lose either.

3) Guys who only want cobra's and don't care if there are mods, would buy car "A", because they want a car they like and will mod to there liking. The only advantage they will have selling this car years down the road is if car "C" goes up huge in value... they will have the option to restore the car back to Factory and might get a few more dollars out of it. If they don't do this and sell modded it will hold a value to the right buyer.

One more quick example: a very low mileage 93 Cobra R goes for 45k+ now right? Would I ever buy one for that price, nope. Do I care about a collector car like that? nope. To me it's still just a fox body with some goodies on it. It's still just the same old fox body and if I wanted I can make mine look exactly like it. BUT..... to a collector it's like finding a piece of gold.

It's all relative in the end. The value of these cars will be determined by the buyers out there who are willing to pay a price.

:beer:

~Ray~

Established Member
I paid $13k for my 6k mile Teal, I paid 12k for my 11k mile Black & I paid $7.5k for my 40k mile Red one. I've owned alot more 93 Cobras over the last 13 years & got alot better deals but these three are my personal own & were 100% & mint when I bought em.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
~Ray~ said:
I paid $13k for my 6k mile Teal, I paid 12k for my 11k mile Black & I paid $7.5k for my 40k mile Red one. I've owned alot more 93 Cobras over the last 13 years & got alot better deals but these three are my personal own & were 100% & mint when I bought em.

How long ago were each of these cars bought?

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
I'm still seeing a Modified Fox GT,LX etc with say 50k on it getting the same price as a Modified 93 Cobra with 50K on it... (same condition,Mods,etc) Thats what I'm comparing. I have owned Gt's, Cobras etc, and still believe that even if they're Carbon Copies with Mods, that any Cobra sould still be worth more then the reg. Mustang. It was more money new and should be now.
I guess I'm just surprised to see a 91 LX with 70k on it with H/C/I going for over 10K :shrug:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
OldSkoolMC said:
It's all relative in the end. The value of these cars will be determined by the buyers out there who are willing to pay a price.

:beer:

That is the best comment in this thread. Cars of the trend will be what brings money. The trend will always change. Some years will be anything stock, some years will the 'restomod' style, etc. Its all in the market.

None of us will ever know what the future holds. This is why cars are not good investments.

Its beyond me whay anyone would pay high dollar for our cars. Stock 93 cobras are not impressive compared to cars of today.

LOL. Look at the SVO, it was waaaaay more of a car than the GT's of the same era and it doesn't bring more than 4500 in good shape now. This is car that averaged less than 3000 copies/ year for 3 years.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
93 sssSVT said:
I'm still seeing a Modified Fox GT,LX etc with say 50k on it getting the same price as a Modified 93 Cobra with 50K on it... (same condition,Mods,etc) Thats what I'm comparing.

Are you seeing asking prices similar, or selling prices similar? Because I'm willing to bet these are different.

I was looking to buy a clean fox, or '93 cobra. I found numerous very clean fox's for around $6k some even less. Some modded, some stock. All of them original paint cars (#1 important factor for me). I then found numerous '93 cobras in the same condition, miles, etc and they were atleast $4k higher. I was more interested in the cobras even though they were that much higher in price, so that's the route I'd go.

I paid $10k for my '93 cobra, and if I had paid $10k for an original fox, it had better have next to no miles and be damn near perfect.

My buddy sold his fox for $11K and it had 45k on it, was supercharged with a built motor, TKO500, built rearend, suspension, perfect interior and paint, etc.

Anyway, from the car shopping I've done in the last month or so, there is atleast a $4,000 difference between a like/kind/quality fox, and cobra. And I'm talking '93's. Older fox's bring a bigger gap.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Are you seeing asking prices similar, or selling prices similar? Because I'm willing to bet these are different.

I was looking to buy a clean fox, or '93 cobra. I found numerous very clean fox's for around $6k some even less. Some modded, some stock. All of them original paint cars (#1 important factor for me). I then found numerous '93 cobras in the same condition, miles, etc and they were atleast $4k higher. I was more interested in the cobras even though they were that much higher in price, so that's the route I'd go.

I paid $10k for my '93 cobra, and if I had paid $10k for an original fox, it had better have next to no miles and be damn near perfect.

My buddy sold his fox for $11K and it had 45k on it, was supercharged with a built motor, TKO500, built rearend, suspension, perfect interior and paint, etc.

Anyway, from the car shopping I've done in the last month or so, there is atleast a $4,000 difference between a like/kind/quality fox, and cobra. And I'm talking '93's. Older fox's bring a bigger gap.

its also relative to the area you live in as well. Down here in the southeast, I have seen plenty of fox lx/gt's go high (above 7k) regardless of year model (well 87-93 years) I have not seen a $4k price difference between them. Then again, there is not enough performance difference in a cobra and a GT to warrant a big price difference. That's why I do not believe our cars will ever be the Shelby's or Bosses of their era. Sure their will be some fools to pay $20k for them but not the whole market of interested buyers

Last edited:

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:

Check Corral.net

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
its also relative to the area you live in as well. Down here in the southeast, I have seen plenty of fox lx/gt's go high (above 7k) regardless of year model (well 87-93 years) I have not seen a $4k price difference between them. Then again, there is not enough performance difference in a cobra and a GT to warrant a big price difference. That's why I do not believe our cars will ever be the Shelby's or Bosses of their era. Sure their will be some fools to pay $20k for them but not the whole market of interested buyers

I was refering to the internet. That's where I did my shopping. There is a select few fox's I think will always bring top dollar..... '92-93 Strawberry/black coupes, '90-93 black/black coupes, some '92-93 metalic paint/black coupes/hatches, and '93 cobras. But in like/kind/quality, the cobras will always bring more money by atleast a couple thousand, maybe more.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
There is a select few fox's I think will always bring top dollar..... '92-93 Strawberry/black coupes, '90-93 black/black coupes, some '92-93 metalic paint/black coupes/hatches, and '93 cobras. But in like/kind/quality, the cobras will always bring more money by atleast a couple thousand, maybe more.

Agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread