Esqeddy, I need your help!

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Hey man, I don't know who else to ask. I've apparently picked up an internet stalker. The guy IM'ed me on AIM last night and after a few short exchanges I blocked him . . .
Today he sends me a message on Yahoo. I've reported him as an abuser of the IM program, but I can't find out where he's from. Can't figure out where he got my IM info . . . and I don't know him.

I know there was just a case against an internet stalker in Washington I believe. Have any helpful info??

TrophyCar

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
No, it wasn't me. I figured you would ask though. :p

Sorry, I have better things to do with my time. Like IM myself and pretend I have a stalker. I really doubt there is much you could do, as it would probably be hard to find out who it is. Did he threaten your life in anyway?

TrophyCar

Established Member
He threatened to send a virus to my computer. Right now, not a smart thing to do. Other than giving a copy of the IM convo to a friend of mine who is a US Marshal, what can I do???

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
He threatened to send a virus to my computer. Right now, not a smart thing to do. Other than giving a copy of the IM convo to a friend of mine who is a US Marshal, what can I do???

Send his info to the FBI and tell him you were frightened when he said the words BOMB and STATUE OF LIBERTY in the same sentence. :thumbsup:

TrophyCar

Established Member
I'm serious here. Since I can't figure out where he found my IM info and I can't find a profile that lists where he is . . . I'm not sure how worried to be. It's bad enough he found my IM name on two different messenger services. What do i do?? The SBI office is right beside work . . .go there??

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I doubt having a copy of the conversation would be able to hold any ground because someone could easily alter the conversation after it happened. There might by some type of internet abuse website or something you can report him to maybe? I don't know, I usually just ignore those people. Most likely it is some little, want-to-be hacker kid that can't even boot up his computer without fk'in it up. Don't sweat it, as long as you don't open any files from him you should be ok.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I'm serious here. Since I can't figure out where he found my IM info and I can't find a profile that lists where he is . . . I'm not sure how worried to be. It's bad enough he found my IM name on two different messenger services. What do i do?? The SBI office is right beside work . . .go there??

Report him to the IM service first. Then report him to the local authorities if he is threatening you. Tell them you feel this person to be a threat to you since he has already done so.

TrophyCar

Established Member
I reported to Yahoo while I was still in an IM with him . . .
So far not a word from them. I logged out of YIM. I don't want to put him on ignore yet . . . the more shit he says the better case I have if the wacko turns up . . .

Damn one day you feel totally comfortable running around your own house naked; the next you're peeping out your windows, dressed in turtlenecks, with a loaded gun in your hand.

TrophyCar

Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater
I doubt having a copy of the conversation would be able to hold any ground because someone could easily alter the conversation after it happened. There might by some type of internet abuse website or something you can report him to maybe? I don't know, I usually just ignore those people. Most likely it is some little, want-to-be hacker kid that can't even boot up his computer without fk'in it up. Don't sweat it, as long as you don't open any files from him you should be ok.

Actually there is a way to hack into someone's system via the connection on an IM convo . . . you can get the IP and info. (I was engaged to a very scary computer guy trained by the Air Force and he showed me the tricks)

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Like WireEater said; just ignore it. Don't go through the trouble of getting him in trouble b/c of a "virus threat." That will make him appear 1337. Next time he talks to you just don't say anything back.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Actually there is a way to hack into someone's system via the connection on an IM convo . . . you can get the IP and info. (I was engaged to a very scary computer guy trained by the Air Force and he showed me the tricks)

netstat in dos. I wouldn't really worry about it though.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Of course there is way, but I am assuming this is just a little dip shit that doesn't know what he is doing and is trying to sound "Ubb3rr l337". A true hacker isn't going to tell you he is going to hack you, he is just going to do it and be done with it because it isn’t a big deal because it’s so trivial to them.

Last edited:

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
send him a pic of me and tell him that its you and that your gonna whip his ass.... that should scare him straight!

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Keep a copy of the message or messages El Creepo has sent you via Yahoo Mail.

Report the mail as unsolicited harrassment here for Yahoo Mail:

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_abuse

You will be asked to enter the offending mail messages word for word, and enter text header info. This gives the people looking into the complaint the source/destination information they need to track down El Creepo right to his e-mail address.

They may suspend his account, but they can't protect you physically from harm. Good luck...

TrophyCar

Established Member
Already reported to Yahoo . . . I just can't seem to figure out where the guy found me or where he is. Just not sure how worried I need to be . . .

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Yeah, I see ....

I'm one of those "hunt-and-peck" typists .... you guys are too fast for me. I'm a wee tad slow on the keyboard.

TrophyCar

Established Member
Originally posted by Mo Boost
Yeah, I see ....

I'm one of those "hunt-and-peck" typists .... you guys are too fast for me. I'm a wee tad slow on the keyboard.

That's ok. At least you're trying to help me. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread