Escape plug in hybrid

96dreamer

Established Member
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the Escape with the plug in hybrid powertrain. My uncle is lookin into getting one but I don't really know much about them. Any issues, things to avoid or recommendations?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the Escape with the plug in hybrid powertrain. My uncle is lookin into getting one but I don't really know much about them. Any issues, things to avoid or recommendations?

We've had good luck with them. Get great fuel mileage, and drive well for little SUVs.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Atkinson Hybrid engines are literally 200K set-ups... Only thing that kills then in Ne is rust

96dreamer

Established Member
He'll be happy to hear that. They have been driving a ~2006 impala and ~2003 crew cab s10 since new so they are due for an upgrade. Oddly enough they are probably some of the wealthiest people I know but don't put a ton of value in new vehicles.

SHOdown220

Established Member
He'll be happy to hear that. They have been driving a ~2006 impala and ~2003 crew cab s10 since new so they are due for an upgrade. Oddly enough they are probably some of the wealthiest people I know but don't put a ton of value in new vehicles.

My father in law makes killer money and exclusively drives old ford trucks lol. His “nice “ vehicle is a 96 f150. Just how some people are.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
Good reason they're wealthy. Too many people pour entirely too much money into cars/depreciating assets.

LightningLou

Established Member
Good reason they're wealthy. Too many people pour entirely too much money into cars/depreciating assets.
You're preaching to the wrong choir my friend on a performance vehicle forum. Also, vehicles are currently an appreciating asset due to the current market trends. Go on any marketplace and look at what used cars are going for right now, and re-phrase that statement. Granted you are usually right from a monetary standpoint, but we are not on here because we enjoy driving $200 shitboxes. We obviously do it as a hobby and for the physical value and enjoyment vehicles can give us. Can't put a price on that as long as you can still live comfortably.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're preaching to the wrong choir my friend on a performance vehicle forum. Also, vehicles are currently an appreciating asset due to the current market trends. Go on any marketplace and look at what used cars are going for right now, and re-phrase that statement. Granted you are usually right from a monetary standpoint, but we are not on here because we enjoy driving $200 shitboxes. We obviously do it as a hobby and for the physical value and enjoyment vehicles can give us. Can't put a price on that as long as you can still live comfortably.
Very well said, and I'd say you speak for a majority here.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
I'm not preaching to anyone. I was just making a general statement that part of the reason those folks and some others are wealthy is because they didn't spend a ton of money on cars, as I believe there are plenty of people on this forum that have tons of money AND nice, expensive cars. I don't think poorly of anyone who has nice things, as long as they're not crapping all over everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread