EPIC Turbo GT build #1

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Mostly just no reason for it when good fuel is on hand. Set it up so it's safe to run around on the street with pump gas and not have to worry every time you stop at the gas station that its top quality.

Exactly when he wants to beat on it we will run good fuel no reason to risk the brand new engine on cheap fuel

Well I was off. :(

You were close it might of hit a bit over 700 i will have to double check

Best i think was 980 ish through the 4R70 unlocked converter

JP0814GT

Established Member
Best i think was 980 ish through the 4R70 unlocked converter

With convertor locked it would easily surpass 1000. Locked vs unlocked convertor shows up big time on dyno numbers. But effect on track ET is barely if noticed at all _(locked vs unlocked)
From my past experience.

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
With convertor locked it would easily surpass 1000. Locked vs unlocked convertor shows up big time on dyno numbers. But effect on track ET is barely if noticed at all _(locked vs unlocked)
From my past experience.

you are 100% right

We did a 3v Not to long ago it only made 900 through an Unlocked 4r70 and that car ran 8.40s

Brent Davis

Established Member
what's the issue with pushing more than 7 on pump?

With 700 RWHP @ the wheels, it is making well into the 800+ range on pump gas as is which is a HUGE accomplishment with pump gas. As stated, there's absolutely no need to chance a brand new engine on pump.

Great numbers by my book on pump though.

JP0814GT

Established Member
Yep and when you factor auto trans and non lockup convertor its even making more than what's showing on dyno these numbers are solid. I wouldn't be surprised to see this car run some fast times possibly faster than the dyno numbers reflect after some driver seat time.
I'm pretty sure this car will be tweaked some more in the future.
This is the first combo with a stock heads and cam Coyote I've seen with a non lock up 4R trans, Bullseye turbo & VP unleaded as the fuel.
Good results in my opinion with first time experimental combo! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
What caused the issue at tx2k to where it already needs a rebuild?

You are jumping to conclusions. There was a noise in the engine. They will not know till they tear it down. It could be 1000 things. Not necessarily needing a rebuild. Might be something as simple as converter bolts coming loose.

Last edited:

nonliberal

Established Member
You are jumping to conclusions. There was a noise in the engine. They will not know till they tear it down. It could be 1000 things. Not necessarily needing a rebuild. Might be something as simple as converter bolts coming loose.

^^ This. From what I hear JPC and RGR are really stepping up to the plate on this and standing behind their customer to make sure all is well.

dabster

Established Member
Was just asking off what I was told, either way they're fixing it that's all that matters! Hopefully it's nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread