Entry Level 4 banger Benz runs 13.7 with only a tune

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Meh. The v6 Accord can do the same thing and a little faster with just a tune. Cost $10k-15k less too!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Crazy to think that the low end cars today are making equal if not more power and better at putting it down than ones of merely 10 years ago.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I have customers with the 2.0T ATS that have been faster than that with just our 93 octane tune :)

2.0T anything will make a good tuner look like a hero ;)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Either I can foresee the future, or a near identical post like this was created a month or so ago... Luxury 4-banger costs $40K+ runs a high 13 with tune only and some are impressed and others are not because of the price.

I am more impressed with the gain from just a tune, otherwise I'd save my pennies and get a different car that would run close to it.

musclefan21

Established Member
Meh. The v6 Accord can do the same thing and a little faster with just a tune. Cost $10k-15k less too!

Yep, and you will be driving an accord. Dtive both and that experience will easily justify the cost difference. Your argument is completely invalid.

With your logic, buy a 5k civic, put 10k in it and have an 11 second ride then.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Insert "saw he has an Accord...probably a ricer boy" mentality at the end of that post:bored:

The point of the post was that 13.7 is somehow good

...it's not. Not for a $40k price tag. If I was wanting to go fast in a straight line there's a lot better than a $40k, 13.7 sec C300. Nowhere was any mention of putting money into anything. For it to run almost 15 seconds for a $40k+ car isn't that great. Sure it's nicer than an Accord (as it should be!), my point was that it's A LOT slower than it's competitors. Makes you wonder what you're paying for.

The whole 'buy a civic and put this into and wallah' thing is getting really old. No one mentioned anything about that but you lol. With that logic, why not buy crotch rocket?! Why not just buy a rocket and sit on it. I mean come on. Where does this end.

Last edited:

ROMM

Established Member

That Mercedes looks as boring as a Honda Accord too. But yeah, cool that such a boring looking 4 cylinder Mercedes is doing nice times like that. At least there is something a little cool about the car now lol.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Lol I don't think the Benz is too bad looking. The new Accord isn't that bad either. A hell of a lot better than it has ever been that's for sure. The Benz interior is decent, besides the tablet glued to the top of the dash. That looks awful lol. Still...15 second 1/4 for a $40k (going to be more when you add in things like the steering wheel, etc) is weird to me.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yep, and you will be driving an accord. Dtive both and that experience will easily justify the cost difference. Your argument is completely invalid.

Id take the Accord.

The driving experience/difference between the two doesnt justify the cost difference. Sorry, I think Mercedes owners worldwide have been duped into believing they are getting twice the car by paying twice as much and its just not true. Maybe in some eras of human design, but today a brand new Accord isnt that far off from said Mercedes.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The difference between the Accord and the C300 is that in 5 years with the Benz you'll know your service advisor on a first name basis and your car will be worth half of what the Accord is worth.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
The difference between the Accord and the C300 is that in 5 years with the Benz you'll know your service advisor on a first name basis and your car will be worth half of what the Accord is worth.

lol

KBB (excellent cond., 37,000 miles, private party buyer)

*2013 Benz C300 4matic: $22,743
*2013 Accord v6: $23,514

...ouch. In 2013, one of these you couldn't get for under $40k and the other is easily attainable at $30k. Hello depreciation, subpar materials, overpriced service work, bad reliability and poor performance.

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
lol

KBB (excellent cond., 37,000 miles, private party buyer)

*2013 Benz C300 4matic: $22,743
*2013 Accord v6: $23,514

...ouch. In 2013, one of these you couldn't get for under $40k and the other is easily attainable at $30k. Hello depreciation, subpar materials, overpriced service work, bad reliability and poor performance.

Ouch is right!

Users who are viewing this thread